• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Multi-Engine Time Building

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, and as far as going out looking for hard IFR, and ice...you have to be a serious moron to be looking for that.

Some of us didn't have to look far. It was there when we got the job.

All I ever said was make the most of the time you fly. If you're going to go fly, make every moment of it count. Experience, vs. just building hours.

I find it unbelievable that anybody could be stupid enough to try to find an arguement with that. That one should strive to do the best one can with any undertaking, is purely basic. It's a minimum standard of action. Don't do something unless you're going to do your best. If you're going to fly for an hour, make it an hour of experience upon which the next hour can build. How hard is that to figure out, you bloody idiot?

Avbug...since the quote you took was from me...i'll assume I am the "bloody idiot" you are referring to. I didn't have any beef with what you said...I was replying to barn's generlization of flight school grads (wondersticks...as he says..lol) and that flying practice approaches under the hood with an instructor or giving ME instruction wasn't valuable time. I completely agree that the experience you "found" at your first job ie..hard IMC, ice, ect. is more challenging than just tooling around. I'll just reiterate that ANY time you spend flying is...particularly ME time...is valuable...some time is more challenging than others. Oh..and just so you know...I moonlight as a part time genius...so the bloody idiot thing just doesn't wash...lol. Peace.

W

Bump to the front for someone looking for the same info.

ALL YOU U OF I GUYS GET READY. I will be back in town in about a week lets tear some **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** up.

Dubya I need your contact info i have to ask you an important question

D

BobSmith_av8r,

I think avbug probably has more experience and time in the lav itself than you have total time, you have a ways to go kiddo before you have the credentials to go toe to toe with him. Save yourself the embarrassment... I would take avbug's experience and advice before I would ever even comtemplate yours, pretty much a no-brainer.

Shotty equipment, single pilot, hard imc, etc, is experience that can not be found by "renting" the aircraft out and going "joyriding"..

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back