Multi-Engine Time Building

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell it to the insurance companies Avbug. :rolleyes:

I know the best way to build multi time.

CALL YA MUTHA!
YOU NEVA CALL YA MUTHA!

Oh yea and the Patsies got lucky.

The insurance companies understand this. Many of my assignments require very specific experience. A thirty thousand hour pilot with airline experience is viewed like a student pilot, without that experience. Hours don't mean jack squat...but what the pilot can do with the airplane, and his real experience really does. Further, no serious operator would hire an "hours" pilot...but like most operators, I can tell you most of what I need to know about you before we ever cross the threshold to take-off. The flight won't do anything more than confirm it. Words, logbooks, and hours don't mean squat.

Experience is everything.

ari ben Aviator

I built experience and added 100 hours to the log book in florida!! they fly IFR everywhere and in the summer you get really good at missing big cloudsLOL
PM if you want more info
PC12Cowboy

IlliniPilot,

Firstly good luck in your search for time-building opportunities.

Don't worry about the useless comments of people like avbug. He is a moron. The industry has set the ground rules for you by telling you all throughout your pilot career so far that you need hours. 40 for the private, 250 for the commercial and so on. Now the industry tells you (including many serious operators - contrary to previous posts) that you need more multi time to get an interview.

Avbug assumes that you will be joyriding while building that time, that is because he thinks he knows more than anybody else.

There are pilots in this world who have an interest in gaining experience WHILE building time and I'm sure you are one of those.

As for places to do it, I will be interested myself to see what suggestions people have. Have you tried searching this forum also? This topic comes up regularly I'm sure because it is the goal of lots of people.

Also keep in mind that if it is a regional airline you are shooting for then connections can be more important that lots of twin time, so long as you have the experience to keep the job once you get it! I can't tell you the number of 4-500 hr pilots I've seen get picked up by regionals. When I was in the military you had even less time than that when they handed you the keys to your first jet.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the replies.
I was thinking about AriBen since i talked to a guy who did it and he said it was a good organization.
D

I know several people who went there, they all enjoyed it. 2 of them were working for Chicago Express like 6 months later.

Northwest Aviation in Schaumburg www.northwestaviation.com have a time building program. They have 2 Beech Travel Airs and I think the price is fairly similar to Ari-Ben. Problem is the weather sux around Chicago at the moment.

There is a company in Jacksonville called Martech Engineering who hire pilots to do aerial survey work in twins. Some of my former students got their multi experience by working there.

Have you considered flying freight/checks etc? Companies like Ameriflight will hire you into a single but upgrade you to a twin not long after that.

Why buy time?

I was was faced with this situaton about six months ago. but being a po' banner tower/CFI there was no way I was gonna be buying time. i'd recommend going to a small freight company that has some twins that you can move up into. Try Ram Air Freight or Package Express in North Carolina. Now that things have picked up our guys are moving on at the rate of 2-3 per month. Don't just mail/fax a resume, give them a call after you do and make sure that they know you are ready and willing to be down here ASAP. If you get hired, wherever you go try not to sign a lease (mine cost $771.10 to get out of) because you will be able to upgrade much faster if you can move about.
Who knows, you might just luck out and get a twin run right out of 'ground school', that happend at my company about a month ago.
If you are stuck and must buy some time, try Alpha One in PYM... last I knew they were renting a duchess and if you make friends with an instructor there you can split the time for cheap$.

Good luck feel free to PM
Cya!

Time vs Experience

TO Avbug:

How are you going to get the good experience without the time? The way the industry is these days... you need to have the numbers unless you know people in high places. Even then it's hard.

Also, labbats got it right...
The insurance companies don't give a rats a$$. The lower your time... the higher your premium. Without that time/experience, you are considered high risk. Bottom line... They what to know the numbers so when you screw up they can come back and say "well this pilot had X hours." If someone is falsifying they're time (experience) .... that's a deal breaker as far as payouts go.

Latest resources

Back