• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ilinipilot

Barely awake in Training
Hello
I was wondering what places people have used to build multi-engine time. I have heard of a place in Florida called Ari-Ben aviation. Are there any others that people have used, and that they can recommend. I am an MEI so that is not a problem.
Any opinoins are welcome.

Thanks

D

Are you looking at places to work as an mei or places to buy a block of multi time?

If you already have the mei, I would say get your time by instructing rather than spending a ton of cash that you probably don't have.

Build experience. Not time. If it's time you're after, falsify your logbook. That's all it's worth.

Hours are worthless. Experience is priceless. Build experience.

Its not an issue of needing experience i need the time to get a job. I already have my MEI as well
D

I would not buy the time if I didnt have a guaranteed job when i got the time, or I hope I do

Based in RI
PM me and we can maybe work something out.

D

hey find a place to use your MEI!!

Why BUY time when you already bought the MEI?

Like Avbug said..if its a few hours you need, just write em up. No different than riding around with 3 other guys in a light twin in FL all loggin time!!

Save the money!!

(better yet, use that MEI!)

When I was a kid, I rented an airplane and logged a little bit of time. I wrote in my logbook in the remarks section "joyriding." At the time, I thought it was a fair asessment of what I'd been doing; riding around for the fun of it. A mentor and instructor dressed out my teenage butt, told me he didn't ever want to see some stupid, glib comment like that in my log again. If I was going to be going about the business of piloting, then make every moment count.

One hour of flying. It can either be experience, or time. Time is worthless. It means nothing. But an hour of experience; that same hour of time put to good use and exercised, is invalueable. That's where learning comes from, that's where judgement is built, that's what we get paid to use. I couldn't give a stuff how many hours you have in your logbook. Ten thousand? Thirty? I'm not impressed.

What can you do with those hours? That interests me. What have you learned? That interests me a whole lot more. But hours? Big deal. Write them in your logbook. Falsify them. Perform a blatant illegal act and falsely write them in your logbook...you might as well if you're just in it for the hours. If you're going to go fly approaches to minimums on one engine during that time, if you're going to do concentrated short field landing practice, or slow flight, or partial panel work with your time...build a little experience for crying out loud, but don't waste yourself with hours.

Latest resources

Back