Multi-Engine Time Building

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Obviously you don't read very well.

The same hour of flight time can be just an hour, or an hour of solid experience. It's up to you. If it's just hours, don't waste your time. Falsify your logbook. Lie. Make it up. It's worthless.

If you're going to fly the airplane, then make it an hour of experience, not simply an hour of time. There is a big difference.

D...I can't believe you ignored the 'call ya mutha' reply. I'm hurt.

Your favorite student.....ever

W

Avbug is right!

I think what Avbug is trying to say is that bumming around in a duchess/semenhole/anything while another instructor is sitting in the front with you, is just another number in the logbook. This kind of 'time' is good for building 'time' to put in your logbook, but is not good 'experience' to cut it in the real world. You're never going to get hard IFR, Ice, or any real challenging situation from renting a light twin. Flying around under the hood even if you're IFR (probly not IMC in FL) isnt going to make you an experienced pilot. CFII'ing with a student is not going to make you 'experienced' no matter how many practice approaches/holds/ground school sessions you get.

An 'experienced' pilot is someone who has done it for real, hundreds or thousands of times. Under adverse conditions. Under pressure. In real aircraft (not practice twins). In real, real bad Wx.

Chief Pilots and insurance companies and other real pilots know the difference. You can have all the semenhole time in the world putting around VMC (meteorogically speaking), but its not gonna make anyone think you are an 'experienced' pilot. It might help land you a job to become an experienced pilot, but you must understand it's just a number on your resume. That number can mean something; or it can mean nothing.

Like I said in a previous post, I think the only way to become a strong, confident pilot is to fly single pilot IFR. Freight, charter, anything but buying some numbers for your logbook will make you much, much better of a pilot and much more respected in the pilot community. Myself I would much rather be a well respected member of the pilot community than be referred to as the 'wonderstick' that landed a 121 job after 300hrs of Dual given and a degree from a fancy flight school.

Whatever

Hey barnyard....don't assume that all those with degrees from fancy flight schools and 300 hours dual given in a seminole are not respectable pilots. I personally have seen your "experienced pilots" that fly "real airplanes"....(funny I thought the seminole was real....and all this time it was a figment of my imagination)....with thousands of hours, single pilot, IFR...and they can't take me direct to friggin VOR....so don't be so quick to generalize and lump people into such a group. It takes quite a bit of time building just to get to the minimums needed to take your "respectable" flying freight, single pilot. ANY time you spend in the airplane with a good instructor...IMC, hood, VMC, whatever, is valuable time. Oh, and as far as going out looking for hard IFR, and ice...you have to be a serious moron to be looking for that.

What a shallow post.

W

I pahhhked my cah in Hahvahd Yahd.
I heard you were in the 242, that a good class enjoy it.
Have fun teachin the 'tards at the center.

D
GO PATS

Fly enough and you'll get all the 'experience' you need. Joyriding is a perfectly valid reason, if not the best reason, to go fly. I've probably learned as much out goofing off with my friends in a couple of SE GA airplanes as I did in any formal setting. We weren't exactly poster kids for AOPA but we sure had a lot of fun, didn't bend anything, and we learned a lot.

No names dude

Come on...its great you know someone in here...but no names unless you check with them first...sheesh.

Good to hear from ya!

Hope all is well D. Come back and visit if ya can. Good luck out there. Anything I can ever do....just hollah.
Oh yeah and.....
CALL YA MUTHAH.

W

Yeah No names.
I use this screen name on my numerous other chat rooms:

like the Nomah fan club
The I hate yankess fan club
Britney Spears club room

D

Latest resources

Back