MU2 job info please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Movin' on up!

I just saw a posting for an MU2 job on climbto350.com. Anybody willing to share the info on it? Thanks in advance.

Hey Amish!

You ever fly a Mitz? If not, go get a couple thousand hours in one. Then maybe you will be qualified to make a comment. The plane is perfectly fine if you know how to 1. fly and 2. know how to fly an mu2 specifically. Fly it like a King air or any other twin on one engine and you will be on a fast track to that cemetary plot you are referring to. I know many people with thousands of hours in them. I will say that it is not the plane for a low time/first turbine exp pilot.

Hey Amish!

You ever fly a Mitz? If not, go get a couple thousand hours in one. Then maybe you will be qualified to make a comment. The plane is perfectly fine if you know how to 1. fly and 2. know how to fly an mu2 specifically. Fly it like a King air or any other twin on one engine and you will be on a fast track to that cemetary plot you are referring to. I know many people with thousands of hours in them. I will say that it is not the plane for a low time/first turbine exp pilot.

Two words: Reese Howell. The Mitz god and great instructor.

What company is the posting for? I flew the Mitz for about 2 years, but this was late 90's. If they have been around awhile, I'll probably know a little about them. Is this a freight (check hauler) type establishment or charter? The MU-2 community is very small.

The Moo is a great airplane if you give it a lot of respect.

Amish dosen't have any time in it, so take his flamebait as just that.

Its an awesome plane but it will keep you on your toes. Granted there have been alot of accidents,there have been companies that have operated them for years safely. I flew in them at Flight International out of Carlsbad Ca back in the late 80's doing the Navy contact and the only one we lost was due to a single pilot op where the pilot had a heart attack. I used to laugh at the ex navy pilots landing them in what they called the plop bang theory, then again most navy pilots land that way. Fly safe...

Hasn't killed me yet. Hasn't even tried real hard.

I'd give dollars to donuts it's ACT.

http://www.americanchecktransport.com/careers.htm

If not, it must be BankAir, cause I don't think we (Air1st) are hiring, and that's about all dere be.

PS. From what I've heard Reese Howell is so full of himself he should poop limbs.

I haven't seen Reese for some time, but he wasn't like that when I was taught with Mall's outfit. Maybe times have changed but I did learn a lot from him. Hmm, wonder who you are at Air1st or formally known as IBA when I was there. This you Dave, John, Chuck or Tom? Oh hell, I'll figure it out or maybe Jade knows...... ;)

Edit: Found out. Haven't had the pleasure to jumpseat with you yet cause your up north.

Last edited:
Nah, I'm a new guy, not fit to shine the shoes of those hallowed names. And what I've head about Mr. Howell should be taken in a fairly high-sodium way as it was a while back from a guy who's known to be poor at making friends.

You're certainly welcome in the seat anytime you want to brave the insane temperatures up here...

Latest resources

Back