Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Moving to Atlanta: General Aviation questions...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
Hello, I'm a Delta (Northwest) Pilot looking to move myself and the woman down to the warmer climates of Georgia. I currently own an Aeronca Champ and am looking to find a good aviation community to get joined up with. As well as a nice city to call our home. Here are some of our wish list requirements. Hopefully someone can chime in with some suggestions on where to start looking.

-Need to be within 1.5-2 hours driving of KATL incase I have to sit reserve.
-Wanting a laid back flying community that is into grassroots flying (champs,cubs, tailwheels, warbirds, etc) not looking for the holier-than-thou bonanza and barron drivers.
-Would like to own or rent a hangar 40x40 or larger to do restorations and mantainance
-would consider either a public airport or fly/live-in community
-easy roads for her commute into the city (not sure where she will be finding work yet)
-easy access to marta for trips into the city for theater/arts/culture
-decent schools if we should ever pop little ones out
-good access to healthcare and doctors
-low taxes

Thanks in advance with any suggestions and comments!!!

Re: Try WDR!!

Try Winder,it is northeast of Hotlanta,the airport is WDR!!

Last edited:
I work with a guy selling a plot of land on a fly in community just south of Hartsfield. You would have to build, but its paved and lighted, pool, tennis courts. Pm me if interested.

Try getting ahold of Dan Gryder. He's a Delta 777 FO and runs his DC-3 training outfit out of Griffin-Spalding and Thomaston Upson Co. His contact info is on his website: www.thedc-3network.com/

Dan knows ATL and the local area pretty well and can probably point you in the right direction.

Thanks for all the info. We will be making some "scouting trips" down there this summer and would be making the move mid 2010 at the soonest.

"-Wanting a laid back flying community that is into grassroots flying (champs,cubs, tailwheels, warbirds, etc) not looking for the holier-than-thou bonanza and barron drivers...."

Guess that eliminates Falcon.

You sure you wanna be a Deltoid?

Moving

Thanks for all the info. We will be making some "scouting trips" down there this summer and would be making the move mid 2010 at the soonest.
gonna sell your house in Michigan?

Latest resources

Back