• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Move over ASA, Hello Georgia Skies...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are wrong. Your "move over ASA" implies that GeorgiaSkies is booting ASA out when in fact ASA chose now to bid the flying because it was unprofitable. You post above says it all. Whether GeogiaSkies existed or not had no bearing on ASA's pull oull.

You must be somthing to fly with... :smash:

Last edited:
What's funny about this is I don't even work for ASA. I was poking fun at your posting cause you're making a big deal about new service to Macon in a Caravan. I just found it humorous and you take yourself seriously which makes it all the more funnier to me. But maybe there's some east coast joke here about Macon I don't understand.

You would understand the "East Coast" humor of this hell-hole if you ever had to stay there....

Tourists claim to be abducted by aliens, they wake up in the fetal position covered in grape jelly and, mumbling "the horror, the horror" over and over.

People complain about anal probes, about lost hours, about wormholes, even about waking up missing a kidney and mysteriously having new gold "teef," (but somehow missing a kidney.......) The wiser among us know this is all just classic Macon.

Some may call Macon a "super-ghetto," some may call it an "ultra-slum," but whatever you call it, give it the respect it deserves! The place did not "pass GO" it did not collect "200 smackers", it didn't even slow down for the traffic lights. Macon became the pinnacle 'hood, the 'hood all others now strive to be in grand style-at light speed! "If you's gonna do sumpin, best do it right, dog!" is the offical city motto, I'm pretty sure......

-East Coast Style, Player!

Last edited:
I hated MCN...from the hotel van that never showed up (an hour late if it did), to the lack of eating options and oppressive heat...I ain't gonna miss it

just curious, you waited an hour? you can't get a cab way before that?

just curious, you waited an hour? you can't get a cab way before that?

Indeed..we got a cab. Called for it and after waiting about 30 minutes we got the cab driver's number and called him. He said, "yeah..I decided to make a few runs on my way to get you!" Of course we weren't happy, but what are your other options at midnight in MCN? What a POS place. I guess I should have said, "waiting on transportation" instead of van-I lump them all together. And at least scheduling changed our duty-in time the next day.

Last edited:
I don't get this EAS route. It's only 90 miles. Wouldn't it take about the same amount of time (start to finish) in a Dodge Grand Caravan?

What's funny about this is I don't even work for ASA. I was poking fun at your posting cause you're making a big deal about new service to Macon in a Caravan. I just found it humorous and you take yourself seriously which makes it all the more funnier to me. But maybe there's some east coast joke here about Macon I don't understand.

Last edited:
In answer to your question about where they will park....we (ATL ATCT) have been working them in and out of Atlantic Aviation (formerly Mercury) all week. Of course, no one told us who they were or what they were doing until now....they're call sign is "Tsunami."

Indeed..we got a cab. Called for it and after waiting about 30 minutes we got the cab driver's number and called him. He said, "yeah..I decided to make a few runs on my way to get you!"

Classic! JFK was like that for us before it became a base. the van took forever, and late at night there wasn't a cab to be found...

They don't even have a gate in MCN yet. They are flyin' out of Lowe aviation.

Latest resources

Back