• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Move over ASA, Hello Georgia Skies...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's funny about this is I don't even work for ASA. I was poking fun at your posting cause you're making a big deal about new service to Macon in a Caravan. I just found it humorous and you take yourself seriously which makes it all the more funnier to me. But maybe there's some east coast joke here about Macon I don't understand.

ASA is moving our Mx base out of MCN and to ATL. We will also be reducing and ending our service to Macon. I understand that ASA did not bid the Essential Air Service contract for Macon because it was unprofitable. You do the math my cynical friend.

So yes, move over ASA... GeorgiaSkies, in all of its wonder, is supplementing and will over time replace our ASA service to MCN.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but until then... You may now take your foot out of your mouth Erlanger.

ASA is moving our Mx base out of MCN and to ATL. We will also be reducing and ending our service to Macon. I understand that ASA did not bid the Essential Air Service contract for Macon because it was unprofitable. You do the math my cynical friend.

So yes, move over ASA... GeorgiaSkies, in all of its wonder, is supplementing and will over time replace our ASA service to MCN.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but until then... You may now take your foot out of your mouth Erlanger.

You are wrong. Your "move over ASA" implies that GeorgiaSkies is booting ASA out when in fact ASA chose now to bid the flying because it was unprofitable. You post above says it all. Whether GeogiaSkies existed or not had no bearing on ASA's pull oull.

Whether GeogiaSkies existed or not had no bearing on ASA's pull oull.

Well, yes, it kinda does. ASA tried to get out of the MCN service over a year ago, but couldn't because it was an EAS route and for us to end it somebody else has to start new service. So once GeorgiaSkies announced their plans, ASA could pull out finally.

And is Georgiaskies is 'gonna' get the freedumb 900's? or what...??? I am not sure to understand!
Are they 'gonna' park at C34 with the cessna vans??? Or is georgiaskies the new MX provider for ASA?? what is it? Ok time to go back to my brew.

I hated MCN...from the hotel van that never showed up (an hour late if it did), to the lack of eating options and oppressive heat...I ain't gonna miss it

Thought it was to be over at Mercury Air Center...not sure though.

I would think since Macon has TSA that for the passengers sake they would drop them off at some gate in ATL? Most likely on C or D?

Latest resources

Back