• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mountain Air Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are not going to get a lot of info about MAC here, flight crews know the CP reads flightinfo.com

Can you commute to MAC?

Unless something drastic has changed in the 5 years since I've been there, no MAC isn't really a commutable job. You do a run every night, M-F (usually) sometimes on Saturday, so you'll most likely be based out of where you fly.

They do have "floater" positions, but there's no guarantee that you'll get that either; case in point- I was hired specifically to be a floater, but 2 weeks before I finished IOE they assigned me a permanent base at LCK.

Needless to say, that sucked, but there are a lot of bases that are quite nice.

But commuting is really not much of an option, unless you want to be gone for 5 days at a time...

Hey....how the hell are you doing.?:pimp:

Doing well, with over 500 hrs PIC on the French lady. Can't complain, I am at home almost every day, and weekends. Kids starting soccer next friday, will be busy this year. How is the weather up there? I imagine is really nice in the summer time. Take care.

What details can anyone provide about the floater?? If you get assigned somewhere else do they put you up in new base at no cost? Get you a hotel etc...?

Floater means they send you anywhere within the system to cover the run for the whole week, your travel will be on a monday and you go home on a friday, you're provided with a hotel for the whole time. :rolleyes:

You might go home on Saturday too. Add perdiem to that ($32.50 per day), some travel pay at $10 p/h, and if you drive your car to assigned city, mileage at IRS rate.

Latest resources

Back