Mountain Air Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hou757

What's the latest with this company? Good and bad? I saw they were hiring ATR Fo's. Also do they have any jumpseat agreements?

Thanks!

Does any current MAC pilot on here know what bases are open for the CE-208 positions?

if you are looking at workin there I would avoid it. They like to fudge duty time records.

Wal-mart would be much better.

Do they still have the flow through to FedEx mainline?

MAC has not had a flow through to FedEX for many many many years.

Although it's been nearly 5 years since I last wore the MAC uniform, I do remember the place being above average to work for. I still have many friends over there, both on the ATR and the C208 side. Some are happier than others, but all are glad to have a job.

Hi!

Don't go there. They are horrible...just like UPS, FedEx, DAL, AA, Cathay, Emirates, BA, Air France, etc. Ask a bunch of any of those pilots, and some will say it is awful at their airline.

On the other hand, if you want a job, it is there.

cliff
NBO

They never fudged or tried to fudge with my duty time records. Never tried to make me fly a run in a plane with a problem. Been there 10 years. Averaged 350 hours per year, not a time builder. If you want to make a career out of flying 135 cargo this is the place to be. Sucks that our pay is frozen but for the moment that's about the only negative thing I can say about the place. Heck it's flying boxes that I don't have to load/offload, flying 2 hours a night for a 10 hour duty day. 6 Hours of that sleeping in a hotel.

Since a month we have CASS and they're working on reciprocal jumpseat agreements. The ATR positions are for FO's allready with the company, MIA and RDU. The flow through agreement was a rumor in 2001 to keep pilots from moving elswhere. As soon as the pilot shortage disappeared, so did the flo through agreement rumors.

FedEx is doing a lot of reorganizing at the moment so bases appear and disappear on a regular basis. I advice anyone coming to work for us to start as a floater. That way you don't get settled in, for example, TLH only to hear 3 months later that you need to go BWI or SBY. Get's expensive breaking leases. Once things stabilize at FedEx everything should go back to normal.

things will go back to normal!?!?!?

Bra ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h a ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back