• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most Junior UAL Pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
enjoying it aren't you..why do you care?

I remember now, AirTran gave you a job when you were furloughed from UAL. Then, after you took the recall, you expressed your gratitude by trashing the company and people that were kind enough to put food on your table.

I remember now, AirTran gave you a job when you were furloughed from UAL. Then, after you took the recall, you expressed your gratitude by trashing the company and people that were kind enough to put food on your table.

What's your point? In class every instructor had something sh!tty to say about every airline out there during the first furlough era of the new millenium and that's the year you guys made 8 million dollars profit. Forklift Joe and his goons got 8 million in bonuses because of their hard work that year. We had pilots from almost every airline out there in class, from an early retired US Air guy to furloughed guys to ASA captains. Never have I heard a group of pilots be so cocky and disrespectful in ground school. Now... my buds that were in class with me that stayed are still FO's, making crap wages and telling me how much they hate it over there and how they're stuck for now. I even remember one instructor in class asking... why would anyone want to fly rubber dog sh!t in the middle of the night for UPS? To each his own I guess....glass houses and all that good stuff. Hope you guys improve on your pay scales at Airtran.

Net

I was at Airtran during the first furlough. I never had/still don't have reason to trash anyone there. Just like Networ-King, I had to listen to comments fairly regularly about how terrible United and every other legacy carrier was. All I'm saying is it goes both ways - a lot of the animosity is on your end. At the end of the day, we're all just trying to make a living.

This post started out as a simple question by someone concerned about their friends at United and look where it has gone.

This is why we pilots continue to get screwed by our management. I cannot recall a single thread that has ever run more than one page on this forum where individuals haven't started fighting with one another. I could post that the new paint scheme for airline so and so looks good and sure enough some jack-#ss would have to make some snide remark about even that.

There are a lot of bitter people out there (and I must admit, sometimes it's me as well) who have invested a lot of time and energy to get into this profession only to besmirch everyone involved with it.

Pilots for other airlines are not the enemy, generally, management is. They are the opportunist who played on people's fears after 9-11 and who continue to try and convince pilots that we are equal in duties to FA's and the aircraft cleaning crew. They only way we can ever hope to regain some semblance of a profession that is desirable is to support one another and stop seeing everyone else as the competition out to put one over on you.

Arguing over everything one can think of only gives the coporate hegemony what they want. That isn't just true in the microcosm of pilot contracts, this is true for us as a nation as well. As long as we allow ourselves to be divided, or volunteer to do so as so many do on Flightinfo or as we do politically on a national level, we have absolutely no hope of improvement.

We must re-learn the art of living together in harmony and not being so cynical about everything. Trust me, I am the pot accusing the kettle here, but it is true nonetheless.

Last edited:
This post started out as a simple question by someone concerned about their friends at United and look where it has gone.

I've been in this industry for 14 years and on this forum for 10 - some things never change. Back in "the good old days" when everyone was hiring, this was the place for good information. Unfortunately, with so little good news to go around, every conversation seems to degenerate into something worthless. I think it's just a lot of collective frustration.

enjoying it aren't you..why do you care?

I was going to call one of my friends at UAL and see if I could be any assistance to him...maybe a rec letter, referring him to mutual friends flying for different companies...some with the F.A.A, etc. I hear they are hiring. I haven't talked with him in a long time and was simply wondering if he was still there. Nothing more than that. From the looks of it he was furloughed. Been there, done that, and it truly sucks. Good luck to you all at UAL, hopefully it will turn around soon.

Thanks UALX727...wish this industry never experienced 9/11 or the RJ growth...things sure would be different...Good luck at AAI...I really liked that 717. I hope you guys can put a stop to the CRJ outsourcing I never thought they would try it again. UAL mgmt. has taken way too much and hopefully things will turn around.

I'd bet 8 yrs before anything, rights end at 10 yrs. All bets are off if there is a merger. I don't expect to ever be recalled, nor would I go back. Been there done that! and didn't get a t-shirt signed by uncle tittie!

So is someone going to produce a anti-aging pill or something?....Retirements start in 2012.....if No-one leaves before.

I highly doubt if your 8 year prediction will hold true.

There will be medical outs and guys that simply get tired and decide to leave. No it won't be in the 200 range, but it could be in the 50 or so range.

Some airlines have already seen this.

Latest resources

Back