Most Challenging Regional Aircraft??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Coloaviator

Anybody care to offer an opinion as to what is the most challenging regional aircraft to fly/operate in a part 121 airline enviorment. I would think it falls in the turboprop category.

Coloaviator said:
Anybody care to offer an opinion as to what is the most challenging regional aircraft to fly/operate in a part 121 airline enviorment. I would think it falls in the turboprop category.

The "Wiggle Pig"
AKA Jetstream 32

No autopilot...short "arm" (center of wing to tail)
we got real good with trim....and landing gear made for carrier landings(no joke!!)

geshields said:
The "Wiggle Pig"
AKA Jetstream 32

No autopilot...short "arm" (center of wing to tail)
we got real good with trim....and landing gear made for carrier landings(no joke!!)

I'd second the motion... so long as we're talking about aircraft currently in domestic 121 service.

Shy

Something about the ATR makes me think it would be hard to fly. Not sure though.

The Dash-8 is like a Cessna on steroids. Easy to fly, hard to land it the same way twice.

E-120, that mean spirited bitch demands every bit of your attention. ASA has the wreckege to prove it.

Palerider957 said:
E-120, that mean spirited bitch demands every bit of your attention. ASA has the wreckege to prove it.

Yah, is it just me or does it seem like those damn south american ba$tards did everything they could to design an airplane just itching to kill you?

check6 said:
Something about the ATR makes me think it would be hard to fly. Not sure though.

Alot of people say that, but I really don't agree. I don't think she's bad....of course she's my only 121 experience so far.

Coloaviator said:

CRJ 200, hands down. No auto throttles, no LEDs, and all that button pushing can really get annoying when I'm trying to catch up on world events from USA Today. Or Maxim.

Palerider957 said:

Why do you blame the Brasilia for negligence on the part of Hamilton Standard? Their inspectors missed a fatigue crack due to inadequate and ineffective corporate inspection and repair techniques, training, documentation and training. They also contributed to the accident by failing to require recurrent on-wing ultrasonic inspections for the affected propellers.

I suppose using this logic that Embraer is also responsible for the COEX crew who quit paying attention to their aircraft and allowed it to stall in the climb. I would imagine Embraer is also culpable for the Comair crew who flew through extensive icing with the autopilot engaged and allowed their airspeed to deteriorate.

Just busting your chops a little, no harm meant. Everyone I know who flew the Brasilia loved it.

Latest resources

Back