More valuable military flight time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right on Mr. Jiminez

Example: Flowback washout rate at Eagle compared to the washout rate by a new hire. All that "heavy metal" time and still washing out more than the so called "inexperienced regional new hire." Makes you wonder, huh? Facts are Facts.

Hose A. Jiminez said:
I guess youre new to the civilian world. Mil types have the highest wash out rate at most airlines. Fighter guys are the most problematic. Washouts are rare all together, but patterns develop. Not to paint anyone with a broad brush, Im sure you're great. But its true. You cannot argue with statistics.

Happy Hollidays.
A: I believe he was being sarcastic. Read the whole post.

B: I'd LOVE to see your "statistics" about washout rates... Since all airline training departments are so forthcoming (not) about their data, I'm sure your info is extremely accurate. Whatever helps you feel better...

C: Look to your left, now to your right. Which shoulder was the chip on?

:rolleyes:

srjorion said:
Could you two give us a source for these "facts" and "statistics"?
Srjorion, this is an age old circular arguement that no one ever wins. I am better than you are. yada yada yada. What a waste of time. I would guess that no sources will be produced because there are none. Most airline pilots are such nerds. The ones that really make me laugh are the ones that hang their experience, ability, good looks, brains, or whatever you want to add on their date of hire or seniority number. Really makes me chuckle.

Like the other dude said

Hose A. Jiminez said:
I guess youre new to the civilian world. Mil types have the highest wash out rate at most airlines. Fighter guys are the most problematic. Washouts are rare all together, but patterns develop. Not to paint anyone with a broad brush, Im sure you're great. But its true. You cannot argue with statistics.

Happy Hollidays.
Hey Hose A, I would also like to know where you got your stats? Does anyone know what the percentage is at say American or Delta of Mil to Civ? A lot of my buds fly for these two and tell me the majority are Mil. So, maybe if there are any wash outs, they are mil. . . but only because the majority are mil to begin with? Don't talk to us about wash-outs Hose. We mil guys know all about wash outs because we get reminded of it every day for 365 days until we get our wings. Did you civilian "chippers" experience that in your part 141 training? I heard the dude that danced on the rudder in the Bus, till it snapped, of was Civ trained. And don't talk to us about your grueling job of flying single pilot IFR. Try pulling a 120 hour reserve period or bravo as we call it with no scheduled rest period, then flying a 24-26 hour day (in not so friendly territory) as a regular course of business, then we can talk. Until then, shut up and get me a cup of coffee. :cool: And happy holidays to you too.

Hey Flyingdude.................

flyingdude:
try this in the mountains in the winter time in the middle of the night. Did I forget to mention you have no AP. Try this and then get back to me
you forgot while getting shot at.........oh yeah that's right you fly in the good old United States while your military pilots are in Afghanistan and Northern Iraq taking pot shots with RPGs and SAMs or maybe you haven't seen the news the last few years. Go tell the Army helo pilot flying an ancient chinook how "new" and "great" his avionics and engines are, go tell the C-130 pilot flying the 1962 E model in the mountains how great they got it, go tell the KC-135 pilot flying the 1959 model airframe how great they got it. Again, nobody is bashing you or what you do, so don't tread on the men and woman who put their lives on the line so we can live the best d@mn life in the best d@mn country on the face of this earth. And if you don't like it......move to Canada, it's a nice place too!

Last edited:
Flyingdude said:
Example: Flowback washout rate at Eagle compared to the washout rate by a new hire. All that "heavy metal" time and still washing out more than the so called "inexperienced regional new hire." Makes you wonder, huh? Facts are Facts.
Facts are Facts as you say. Get your's straight. Let's compare Apples to Apples please. We are talking about an EMB145 Type ride v. an F/O check. A completely different checkride and grading standard. In my class, 4 busted types (2 flowbacks and 2 eagle upgrades). We had 2 new hires bust.

By the way, both flowbacks busted for the circle. A maneuver not even trained to F/Os and historically the most downgraded item.

Get your Facts straight before you start spoutin off.

I passed by the way.

Barely

Last edited:
Flyingdude...............

Here is a thread you might be interested in reading thru. Then go find a fellow by the name of "quigs" as ask how to he came to his senses and got out of this rats nest.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=12970&page=1&pp=15

I don't know what it is with guys like you, but find me a post where a military guy just starts out bashing on some other group.......it just doesn't happen, but I have seen it now twice from a small freight flyer.

Last edited:
Flyingdude said:
So the obvious conclusion from these facts is that inexperienced pilots are better than experienced pilots? Something tells me there is a little bit more to this story then highly qualified and experienced pilots washing out at a high rate in a flow back situation.

Latest resources

Back