• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More valuable military flight time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, fly something that you can get up, walk around, and take a leak in while you're flying.

I can't leave the flight deck anymore to take a leak. The first class paxs on my plane can, but I can not. And yes, you can still use a jumpseat out of MEM for free even though you offer nothing in return.

Yeah, I'd like to see all these military guys fly single pilot in something that does not quickly climb to 370 (or 170 for that matter). By the way, try this in the mountains in the winter time in the middle of the night. Did I forget to mention you have no AP. Try this and then get back to me about how ANY military time is the best, that is a joke. Oh wait, you guys have never had to fly in such adverse conditions, yet you are the best. Odd don't you think?

Yeah, I'd like to see all these military guys fly single pilot in something that does not quickly climb to 370 (or 170 for that matter). By the way, try this in the mountains in the winter time in the middle of the night. Did I forget to mention you have no AP. Try this and then get back to me about how ANY military time is the best, that is a joke. Oh wait, you guys have never had to fly in such adverse conditions, yet you are the best. Odd don't you think?
Been there done both.....That part 135 stuff is both challenging and scary. I have the utmost respect for both. I have no respect for the few civilians(like you flyingdude) with the "chip". They give the other 98% a bad name. Just like the mil guy who thinks he is gods gift.

This crap has and will be debated again and again on this board. Bottom line is that there is extremly challenging flying from all backgrounds, and there are a$$holes from bothsides.

Dodge said:
I can't leave the flight deck anymore to take a leak. The first class paxs on my plane can, but I can not. And yes, you can still use a jumpseat out of MEM for free even though you offer nothing in return.
75% off shipping......same discount I get!

Again, Thank you to all of you that help us get to and from work, even though we can't reciprocate.

Last edited:
Ummmm, well, I live in MEM, so if I need to jumpseat somewhere I schedule one of ours.
I've been stranded too many times trying to get a "free" ride on the pax carriers, so I don't even bother anymore.
However, I do hear the condescending undertone of your message loud and clear.
If you have read any of the threads about FDX offline jumpseats, you would know that it is not the pilots holding up the process. We are currently negotiating our next contract. I'm sure that since the pilots want offline jumpseating, a price is being asked by management to see how bad we want it.
So. . . . flipping me a ration about something I'm not authorized to offer you in the first place doesn't accomplish anything. Hopefully we can get this worked out soon so you can ride that Boeing 727 at 3am.
As for your urination problems, you can buy a piddle pack thru Sporty's Pilot Shop. . . .

USNFDX: I am fortunate

I was not trying to come off as if I was any better than anyone else. I was merely making a point that just because some individuals feel they are better does not make them that way. I do not in any way feel that I am better than anyone else. On the contrary I am lucky to have experienced that type of flying because it humbled me and made me better problem solver. My idea was to point out that many of the military guys believe they are better simply because they have been told this all their lives. Just trying to get them to understand that just because you are not military has zero bearing on your experience level. This is not about flying abilities at all. This is about the arrogance to believe that just because you flew an F-16 for ex. then you are automatically better.

Flyingdude - simmer down now buddy. I too have been there and done both. I appreciate what you're going through, and trust me it will be valuable experience on your resume. But don't for a minute think that military pilots have not experienced all the adversity you've seen and then some.

Next time, think for a second before you spew forth, otherwise you'll come off as a complete moron again.

Back to the thread, the PIC time is important, but the non-AC time from a heavy is not worthless either. It still shows that you have what it takes to get those wings in the first place, and do the mission. A heavy driver with the same time in service will come out with WAY more hours than a fighter guy, so the premise of your post seems a bit strange to me in the first place.

Looks like we posted replies at the same time. Thanks for the clarification, but like someone else said, there are a-holes everywhere. Fighter pilots do get brainwashed a little, but I believe there is good reason to think that they are the best. I was not a fighter pilot, but like most guys in the AF, wanted to be. If you really knew what they do, I think you'd feel differently about their abilities. That doesn't excuse being an a$$, but most of them are great guys.

H82BL8T said:
Single seat fighters baby is the way to go ...ANY mil flight time will be the best professional flight experience you'll ever see...

Happy Holidays
I guess youre new to the civilian world. Mil types have the highest wash out rate at most airlines. Fighter guys are the most problematic. Washouts are rare all together, but patterns develop. Not to paint anyone with a broad brush, Im sure you're great. But its true. You cannot argue with statistics.

Happy Hollidays.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back