• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More unprofessional AMR pilot behavior

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>>If some of you find yourself still getting angered over my "bible-thumping", perhaps you need to take a genuine look at yourself. <<<

Yes, anyone who disagrees with you is delusional and needs an introspective look into their own tortured soul.

:rolleyes:

Thank you. Thank you SO much for making my own point for me.

They opened The Daily Show with a bit on this clod last night. Had me chuckling with the humor and the truth of it all. As Jon Stewart said:

"I don't see what the big deal is about all this American Airlines
Captain. I mean a religious zealot at the controls of a widebody
jet. What's the problem with that!?!"

Must of really have sucked to be the FO in this situation. I bet this captain gets bid around an aweful lot.

Inquisition, Crusades, etc.... Yes, people who have gone by the name "Christian" have done some horrible things in history. This is not only true, but also well-advertised today. Have athiests also done some horrible things in history? At the core of Communism is athiesm, how many deaths has it caused this century?

What positive impacts has Christianity made on history? The very fact we can freely post our thoughts on this board is due to Christianity. Nearly all the founding fathers of this country were Christian. Our prosperity and freedom is the result of the Christian worldview and philosophy practically applied to the formation of a government. We take this so much for granted that we don't even acknowledge it anymore.

Just a few examples:
1)It was predominantly Christians who brought an end to slavery in the 1800's (William Wilberforce). 2)Women's rights were unknown in Roman times until Christianity spread. 3)Consider your local hospital, it probably has a Catholic name, doesn't it? 4)Many major universities for learning began as Christian institutions (Harvard, etc.). 5)Billions of dollars are pumped every year from American churches to neady across the world. 6)The morals that Christians espouse make a free-market economy run smoothly, without Enron-type scandals.

I would list more, but I need to make my commute here in a few minutes.

I know you will disagree and say that all this is just my slant on things. But I ask you to take an honest look at non "revisionist" history for yourself

In addition, to equate the Muslim belief with the Christian belief is to have a poor understanding of either religion. Compare the historically Muslim countries with the historically Christian countries (USA, etc.) and you will see a huge difference.

As for this American pilot. I think he was wrong to do what he did in the manner he did it.

IMHO, I think that the bible is a great story with lots of morals, but it is story writen by man to control man.

Sadly, science and religion is non compatible. The more I looked into the Bible, the sillier it became. That does not mean, that religion is not great thing for many, but it never did alter much for me.

Flame away!

The very fact we can freely post our thoughts on this board is due to Christianity.
Uh ... nooooo .....

The reason you can freely post your thoughts on this board is that many of us here have walked fences in Europe, manned towers in South Korea, dodged bullets in Central America, and dropped bombs in the Middle East.

I did my part (including that 'bullet-dodging' thing) ... and I'm a Buddhist.

What have you done, Mr. Christian?

Minh

nathan jesup said:
At the core of Communism is athiesm, how many deaths has it caused this century?

The US felt threatened enough by communism to prop up or install anti-communist dictators around the globe for decades. This resulted directly in the death of millions of people. Communism was more of a threat to US corporate interests than it was to us as citizens. Over 4 million Vietnamese, Cambodian, and Laotians were killed during the Vietnam conflict. Since those folks don't look like us or practice Christianity in large number we tend to gloss over the fact that 4 million of them perished. What a tragedy.
Look at our actions in places like Chile, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama, Iran, Iraq, and Cuba. Then tell me how many of those deaths can be blamed on atheists. Of course you could make a case that we are hardly a Christian nation. After all what Christian nation would go into a foreign country, topple a democratically elected leader, and install a dictator friendly to US corporate interests? We have a lot of blood on our hands. To blame these deaths on atheism is hogwash IMHO.

I find it amusing that this aa pilot is so worried about his immortal soul now. I don't recall him being quite so outspoken when he and his fellow apa thugs were stealing the TWA pilots careers and livelihood. Seems a tad bit hypocritical to me.

I believe Hades has a special place reserved for these guys.

Burn baby burn!!

vc10 said:
New York-(AP) -- American Airlines says a pilot flying from Los Angeles to New York asked non-Christians passengers to talk to Christians about their faith during the flight.

OK. One of my favorite albums is Randy Newman's Faust.
Newman's little updated operetta of the eighteenth century German poet Goethe's play, is typically irreverent, with bitingly raunchy humor and great music. Randy Newman fans will not be disappointed but beware: if you're at all sensitive to blasphemy and fowl language, you won't like it. Enjoy!

Principal Characters

God - James Taylor
Satan - Randy Newman
Faust - Don Henley (offered knowledge by the Devil)
Margaret - Linda Ronstadt (young woman who falls in love with Faust)
Martha - Bonnie Raitt (Margaret's neighbor and friend)
Angel Rick - Elton John

Overveiw of Goethe's play

In heaven, while angels sang praises to God and his grand creations, heaven and earth, Mephistopheles entered and began to complain about the lot of man on earth. The sinister Mephisto chided God for having given man just enough reason to make him "more brutish than any brute." God asked his adversary if there wasn't anything worthwhile about His creation. "No, Lord," answered Mephistopheles. "I find it still a sorry sight." They argued for some time, until they finally agreed to a wager: with God's permission, Mephisto would attempt to lure the soul of a certain scholar-alchemist named Faust ("who serves you most peculiarly") down with him to hell; God maintained that Faust would and could be saved, despite his proud reliance on reason and sorcery rather than faith...

Are you going to eat those peanuts?

Last edited:
on point....

I think the Captain, as Pilot in command of that aircraft, had the authority to do it.

That authority,no matter what you may think of it, was and is still his. Working in a fallen world, we subject to the rules of this world. Whatever the company decides, he must live with it.

I've never read a thread here that incited so many passionate responses. and you know what, I don't condemn any of you. to see the passion is remarkable.

My Bible declares(JOHN 10:25-29) that even if you wanted to come to the son,(the only way to heaven) then the Father must first enable you to.

so, with all the bickering , it's really a moot point.

Latest resources

Back