• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More UAL layoffs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A NOV 2000 hire got his pink slip effective JAN 2009.

These morons have no idea how to run an airline.....GLENNS GOTTA GO

Well, don't worry, Glenn will go, of course that will be when the CO management takes over the 'combined company' sadly, probably won't be before then. By then it will be a 'shell' of what it used to be, sadly a lot (more) a/c, people and marketshare gone.

The 'morons' on the Board are his boss, they keep him there. why??? duh.

For what its worth.

PD

Has anyone made a sticker of this? GLENNS GOTTA GO

Just curious, I would gladly put it on my bag for all the United pilots.

Oh they have the 737 replacement already in place, it called the 70 seat RJ. Sad, United had some of the best scope language before it was pillaged in bankruptcy.

Strong scope language is needed more than ever. Look what's going on at Midwest.

Outsourcing, plain and simple.

We did until PAUL WHITEFORD sold us down the river and gave the company all the 70's in the bankrupty contract to save the pensions. Great Job Paul...you destroyed a huge leverage piece. Enjoy your junior manning on the 400 you POS...and of course your pension

Since United was already hurting, would it really have been that bad for them to announce this AFTER Christmas!?! Classless if you ask me. Best of luck to those of you looking for another job.

Sad, sad. I think I is the preplan to keep trimming for the next airline marriage. Others will follow. Sad, sad.

Trimming to merge...plus, the 387 is part of the original plan including the 950. They did not do the 950 all at once.

Last edited:
We did until PAUL WHITEFORD sold us down the river and gave the company all the 70's in the bankrupty contract to save the pensions. Great Job Paul...you destroyed a huge leverage piece. Enjoy your junior manning on the 400 you POS...and of course your pension

I'll second that...its too bad your need to add your own union to the list of threats to a career.

I'll second that...its too bad your need to add your own union to the list of threats to a career.

I just got an E-mail about sending money to help pilots affected by natural disasters, how about a fund for those about to lose everything? the difference is these folks have insuranse and jobs after it is all over, what do we have "0". I balme Alpa FOR THIS AS MUCH AS TITLESS

Latest resources

Back