• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More UAL layoffs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We did until PAUL WHITEFORD sold us down the river and gave the company all the 70's in the bankrupty contract to save the pensions. Great Job Paul...you destroyed a huge leverage piece. Enjoy your junior manning on the 400 you POS...and of course your pension

Do you guys have a lnk to that scope language, we are negotiating scope now at SWA and I would love to be able to compare the two.

3 months health insurance paid by company and 12 months paid for by the generous pilot group.

you should've rec'd a large white envelope detailing the information--- maybe check your address/home of record

pretty straight forward-- at least it's something- i know im grateful and thanks to all who voted "YES"

SKIPPY

Skippy,

I for one am thankful i get at least 3 months. What is this white envelope you speak of ? I havent seen this yet nor nothing from the union on the assessment vote.

There's been PLENTY from the union concerning the assessment. Are you signed up for e-mails from UA-ALPA? If you are and you read them, I don't know how anyone could not know about that ALPA provided benefits for furloughees.

Further, there were a couple of pretty long threads on the UA-ALPA forum concerning the matter. When they open the forum up again someday, I'd suggest getting signed up if you're not already and visiting it once in a while, furloughed or not.

Good luck to you if you're getting furloughed. I hope you find someplace better than UA.

We did until PAUL WHITEFORD sold us down the river and gave the company all the 70's in the bankrupty contract to save the pensions. Great Job Paul...you destroyed a huge leverage piece. Enjoy your junior manning on the 400 you POS...and of course your pension

You mean it wasn't voted on by the pilot group? Don't you have member ratification?

UAL Health Insurance for Furloughees

3 months health insurance paid by company and 12 months paid for by the generous pilot group.

you should've rec'd a large white envelope detailing the information--- maybe check your address/home of record

pretty straight forward-- at least it's something- i know im grateful and thanks to all who voted "YES"

SKIPPY

I talked to the furlough coordinator yesterday and he said he would send out an email clarifying the health insurance. Here's what I took away from the conversation:

United is going to pay for the 3 months following the furlough date. The pilot still has to pay the amount that was being deducted from your pay. (Mine is $101.82 / pay period = $203.64 per month)

After the 3 months is up, we can get 15 months of COBRA. The pilot has to pay the COBRA payment up front and then will get reimbursed by the ALPA fund for the COBRA payment minus what your monthly payment would have been. My monthly COBRA bill will be around $1800 so ALPA will reimburse me 1800 - 204 = 1596.

I think this is a little bit different from how they did it the first time around...but you'd have to ask one of the 2172 about that.

hey guys and girls, yeah that was the large white envelope fom united that i recd in teh mail---- i believe there is also some information on skynet- maybe on skynet light if you are already furloughed-- in flight ops and then scroll down

did any of you do an exit furlough interview?
have nay of you applied for other united airline company jobs--- i applied for about 4 , but i havent heard anything yet

Skippy

the reimbursment thing sounds like a pain in the butt-- grrrreeeeeaaaaaaattttt--- i guess they think we just have a few grand laying around for cobra per month

there should've ben another, more efficient way, arent they experienced in furloughs?

Latest resources

Back