• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More SWA Govt. Help...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bottom line is that capitalism depends on competition- when mergers happen- measures do need to happen to keep a competitive environment- as others said- what carrier would you rather see those slots go to? Republic?

Really?? Is that how it was?? On the TAXPAYER???

Seriously, get an Effing clue before you try to debate on here with the adults. DIP financing was lined up by banking institutions who happily traded debt for equity. Most have been paid off and some are getting the juice while Delta pays it back. ALL PRIVATE......you Glenn Beck idiots think EVERYTHING is paid by the taxpayer now.....

Again, BANKS provided the cash, the law of this capitalistic (your buzzword) society was applied. If you don't like it, we could have put you people out of business in the late 80's if i weren't for those same anti-trust and consumer protection laws. Although, Delta never attempted to fight SWA,I'm not sure we could have won that fight, but AA tried.

Call me what you want, but only a complete tool would start a thread about someone getting govt. help after his company was in bankruptcy for 2 years. Loosen up one of your jacket buttons, look in the mirror, and say this: "I am good enough, smart enough, and doggone it people like me".

It is true....Delta did not take a single dime from the government during bankruptcy. Unless you are advocating not having a legal system this not a government thing like you are trying to imply.

Pure and simple: We position ourselves to take advantage of any oppoutunity that presents itself. This has been beneficial to us for 37 years.

(Reuters) - United Airlines parent UAL Corp (UAUA.O) won U.S. antitrust approval on Friday to acquire Continental Airlines (CAL.N), a deal that will create the world's largest air carrier.

The Justice Department said it closed its investigation into the deal after the combining airlines agreed to give up some takeoff and landing rights at its Newark airport hub to low-fare carrier Southwest Airlines (LUV.N). (Reporting by Jeremy Pelofsky and James Vicini; Editing by Gary Hill)

I wonder how much of this "Agreement" the Airlines actually had a say in.......Looks like another Government attempt to help prop up Southwest.

Oh well, maybe the pizza parties extend to the DOT and Justice Department.......I'll bet they love the big screen!!

Might not of happened if USair and Delta were not so greedy with the LGA slots.

I believe we are the last airline on the list to need "propping up" from the gub'mt.

You just became the world's largest air carrier. Why do you care so much about our little Texas low fare carrier? Is it fair or fare?

You and the General are moving large metal and important people all over the world living a lavish lifestyle in far-off places. Zebra in Johannasburg, coffee in Colombia, the smell of tulips in Holland, fish and chips in London, Curry in Kuwait, mai tai's in Hawaii, fresh ice in Iceland, wodka in Russia, and the list goes on to how awesome your pilots and company are. Can't you just let us have our niche of getting the kids to LBB to see Grandma once a year for $39. Why all the haters!

Might not of happened if USair and Delta were not so greedy with the LGA slots.

Oh really?? How so? Spreading them to 5 different airlines and yours wasn't included.....that's greed??

I wonder how much those lawyers cost who filed the complaints for you?

Pure and simple: We position ourselves to take advantage of any oppoutunity that presents itself. This has been beneficial to us for 37 years.

One of the best, real, explanations of your success. Thanks.....seriously, instead of the usual

Latest resources

Back