• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More signs the ATR is going away.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's disappointing. This is the first time I've heard Brad Holt spewing such propaganda. His stock just went down.

Can the truth be propaganda? The fact is folks, this is a business, and if we aren't competitive (financially and with on-time performance), we aren't going to be in business. Why is that so hard to understand?

I really don't see the bad blood so many people seem to think this will cause.
Agreed that lawsuits should not be taken personally, but there was some pretty strong rhetoric coming from the GO before the lawsuit. I'm sure it did not smooth things over to take the fight out to the street.

Can the truth be propaganda? The fact is folks, this is a business, and if we aren't competitive (financially and with on-time performance), we aren't going to be in business. Why is that so hard to understand?

Well, for one, pilots have very little control over the success (or lack thereof) of a given company.

Well, for one, pilots have very little control over the success (or lack thereof) of a given company.

Small or not, every team member has a contribution to make toward the overall success (or failure) of their team.

As was proven last fall, we have way more control than we give ourselves credit for. I don't think it is propaganda for our president to give a "Rah Team" speech. We may not have complete control, but he is right that if we aren't competitive we won't get business.

He didn't say that we were 100% responsible for the competitiveness...

I don't think it is propaganda for our president to give a "Rah Team" speech.

I guess that's one way to look at the response, but I tend to agree with my esteemed colleague Pennekamp's interpretation:

Once again, management shifting their responsibility to find growth to us, the pilots, and setting us up to be the excuse for their failure to perform this task.

I guess that's one way to look at the response, but I tend to agree with my esteemed colleague Pennekamp's interpretation:

Any growth will come from our competitors, not from "new flying." Welcome to the age of cannibalism.

Every person in our company needs to do their part, even if it is a small part. I think that is all that Brad was saying. We must try to look like the best apple on the tree, because pretty soon Delta is going to start thinning the DCI carriers.

Why does everyone take such offense to a manager stating the facts? George and John are gone. We need to start working together, and drop the petty politics.

Any growth will come from our competitors, not from "new flying." Welcome to the age of cannibalism.

Every person in our company needs to do their part, even if it is a small part. I think that is all that Brad was saying. We must try to look like the best apple on the tree, because pretty soon Delta is going to start thinning the DCI carriers.

Why does everyone take such offense to a manager stating the facts? George and John are gone. We need to start working together, and drop the petty politics.

Spoken like someone with a cubicle in the GO. :rolleyes:

This "y'all suck, clean it up or we're out of business" lecture is sooooooo last year. We're over it.

All of you in management need to do YOUR jobs and go beat the bushes to get us some flying. WE ARE doing our part. ASA's performance is better than ever and still improving. Now it's up to YOU GO RATS to hold Delta's feet to the fire to improve ground servicing and make truthful delay codes.

BUT STOP BLAMING THE F***ING PILOTS FOR ASA'S PROBLEMS!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back