• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More proof that the TSA is trying to kill us

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On a trip last week to PWM my FA had her bag taken apart because the x-ray revealed a 3 inch allen wrench stowed in an internal compartment she didn't even know existed, along with the spare roller wheel which came with the rollaboard. Oh btw, she had been carrying this bag for some 6 months with no problem. Now the traveling public can rest easy knowing there is one less allen-wrench toting middle-aged flight attendant out there threatening America's security. Institutional idiocy.

Strikes me as odd that these people make 40 to 80 thousand dollars a year for the jobs they do. Meanwhile the people that are entrusted with the equipment often make less than that or are facing pay and benefit cuts.

If anybody should have been federalized after 9-11...it should have been airline workers.

I ask myself...what are they doing about shoulder fired rockets...how about lasers?...why do minimum wage rampers do the overnight security checks on the aircraft?

When I was furloughed I used the "displaced airline worker" clause to get hired as a Supervisor at TSA in MCO back in the summer of '02. It was a $68k gig, which would have really helped alot with the bills.

Long story short, I walked out of class on the third day--my mind was litterally SCREAMING at the absurdity/insanity/stupidity of what we were being told. The straw that broke me was that we had to frisk everyone--but not in the "bathing suit region" and to "be sensitive of the (fat folds) of larger travellers".

Yet they get p/o'd when I ask them to change their gloves when inspecting my toiletry kit after they just hand sorted dirt underwear belonging to Cletus from the Ozarks.

i recently took a flight from columbus, oh (CMH) to orlando (MCO) and found that in the terminal area, AFTER the TSA security checkpoint, you could go into any of the other terminal shops in CMH and buy nail clippers. now, i know that NO ONE is going to hijack a plane with nail clippers, but it just goes to show you how big a joke TSA is. there is a shop right by the security checkpoint that sells them. amazing to me...

cforst513 said:
i recently took a flight from columbus, oh (CMH) to orlando (MCO) and found that in the terminal area, AFTER the TSA security checkpoint, you could go into any of the other terminal shops in CMH and buy nail clippers. now, i know that NO ONE is going to hijack a plane with nail clippers, but it just goes to show you how big a joke TSA is. there is a shop right by the security checkpoint that sells them. amazing to me...

I don't have any nail clippers with the little files still in them, but I bet I can beat somebody's a$$ with my 10 pound toshiba laptop.

Latest resources

Back