Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Pilots Needed At Delta for 2009....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sedona16

From todays "Trim Tab" company publication:

"As previously stated, SILs are intended to address temporary surpluses and do not mean that displacements or, for that matter, furloughs are imminent. In fact, even though next summer’s schedule is still a work in progress, there is a high probability that we will need additional pilots in 2009."

Depending on what happens with the Flows and recalls we are looking to start with 100-150 as early as Q1.

That is what I have heard. A few guys on by-pass furlough have decided to come back too.
They will tinker with the numbers as they get those guys back.
I guess if you want to come here, go to that Job fair in ORD.
They will have some good people there, and from what I understand they are looking.

I hear that they are going to start an airline within an airline. The new hires are purely for the new version of Song. It will be called "Lame."

I hear that they are going to start an airline within an airline. The new hires are purely for the new version of Song. It will be called "Lame."

The funny part of that Tanker is you're prly right. Bloody airline management just seems to have a history of repeating itself. Even The General would concede that point!

The funny part of that Tanker is you're prly right. Bloody airline management just seems to have a history of repeating itself. Even The General would concede that point!

Yeah, Song was "interesting", but it was also fun. The stews were new, and they all seemed fresh compared to the senior mamas left after the furloughs of 2001. I think it was a good try to combat Jetblue and LiveTV at the time, but two airlines in one probably isn't a good idea anymore. It was a good try....

Bye Bye--General Lee

That is what I have heard. A few guys on by-pass furlough have decided to come back too.
They will tinker with the numbers as they get those guys back.
I guess if you want to come here, go to that Job fair in ORD.
They will have some good people there, and from what I understand they are looking.

Should junior NWA guys go the job fair? Maybe they will be able to get a better seniority number by going to Delta than by using their existing number.

I wrote a letter to our esteemed CO about you guys hiring. he stated in a letter to us the other day about our furloughs that he was actively pursuing jobs for our soon to be displaced FO's (from alaska) to Korean Airlines b/c we have such a close relationship with them. :laugh:

Hopefully his relationship is better w u guys and we won't have to have a side of dog taco's for our crew meal....I'm sure they taste like chicken though..:puke:

Mookie

and i can show you guys where to get some beers in ANC without getting your asses kicked....

Latest resources

Back