• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More New Hires at FedEx!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello, my name is (not really) Dinger, and I am an alcoh.......sorry wrong group.....I am a civilian pilot.

I was interviewed in December. I must not have put my best foot forward, however, I was CALLED for an interview.

As was posted, I went to MEM and had my sponsor walk me into ops and was introduced to some key individuals. We planned the trip a couple of weeks in advance and my sponsor was in contact with the individuals that I was to meet. The meeting needs to be as scheduled as possible due to their very busy schedules. After all of that scheduling, expect to have a few changes due to unscheduled requirements of their time.

Also.........very important.......make sure your sponsor is familiar with the "sponsor" program. We got caught a little off guard on this one. Shortly after I was introduced, I was asked to give them a little "privacy" while my sponsor was asked a few questions. It turns out that the sponor actually gets a little bit of an interview on the spot as to why he/she feels that you would fit in at FedEx and why he/she chose to sponsor you when there are endless numbers of qualified pilots wanting to work there. I believe the process is pretty well known now, but just make sure your sponsor is up to speed on it.

My point of this post is to show that a civilian pilot with less than 5k (although I have some wide-body heavy int'l time) got a call early in the game. I did not get a job offer, however, there were a few civies that did in my group...........there were also quite a few military guys (KC-10, KC-135 etc.) that did NOT get an offer. Read into it what you want, but the numbers for my group were pretty much down the middle civie vs. military.

Is it possible for an applicant to make the interview board one month and then wait until the following month or the month after to get the call?

I appreciate all the help from you folks at FedEx. I'll give this up soon but until then, does anyone know if there are interview calls going out this week? If one was to make the call list at a certain interview board does anyone know how long to wait before following up?

captain caveman said:
I appreciate all the help from you folks at FedEx. I'll give this up soon but until then, does anyone know if there are interview calls going out this week? If one was to make the call list at a certain interview board does anyone know how long to wait before following up?

I and 3 others did the meet-n-greet in early Feb and were all given the magical green sticker for the i-board recommendation. As of today, we are still waiting for the interview call. My sponsor has told me that there were 2 reasons that things are backing up: First- one of the boards was cut short for some reason, leading to the delay of finishing up that board's candidates, and 2) Jack Lewis was out in the Far East for a few weeks, which again delayed the processing since everything is going thru his office now too.

So that is what I have been told and we are still keeping our fingers crossed for a call soon!

Tailwinds-

SmackYourPappy said:
I and 3 others did the meet-n-greet in early Feb and were all given the magical green sticker for the i-board recommendation. As of today, we are still waiting for the interview call. My sponsor has told me that there were 2 reasons that things are backing up: First- one of the boards was cut short for some reason, leading to the delay of finishing up that board's candidates, and 2) Jack Lewis was out in the Far East for a few weeks, which again delayed the processing since everything is going thru his office now too.

So that is what I have been told and we are still keeping our fingers crossed for a call soon!

Tailwinds-

Did you do the meet-n-greet in Memphis?

What is it with you Military guys and the 'FLAP' comments? You guys didn't have a f$!#@*& clue when you came to the airlines, so don't make it sound like you have a leg up on guys, and gals of course, that flew for the airlines before Fedex.

JMHO

PurpleMember said:
What is it with you Military guys and the 'FLAP' comments? You guys didn't have a f$!#@*& clue when you came to the airlines, so don't make it sound like you have a leg up on guys, and gals of course, that flew for the airlines before Fedex.

JMHO

What's a FLAP?

Francis...

PurpleMember said:

JMHO

First of all, do you have any idea what "JMHO" means? Since the tone of your post doesn't portend that you do, I'll give you a clue. The "H" stands for "humble."

Second of all, did you find an unseemly flavor added to your cheerios this morning? Perhaps a little salty flavor?

:)

hawg2hawk said:
What's a FLAP?

F - Four letter word... you choose but this refers to a certain one.
L - Light
A - Airplane
P - Pilot

BTW, it isn't a bad thing to be one of these IMHO! :)

cc

PseudoName said:
Holy Cow!!! I thought FedEx was hiring experienced pilots. By looking at Wojo's profile, his ATP is still wet. (Sorry Wojo...no offense, but congrats on the job.)

Is FedEx aware that there are thousands of pilots on the street, with tons of time, numerous type ratings and operational experience who NEED a job?

And lower time pilots dont? Just because someones numbers are bigger doesnt mean they are always more qualified or even more suitable for the job. (No offense to you higher time guys...but I would think you would agree...there are great pilots across the board as well as bad pilots)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back