• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More New Hires at FedEx!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Holy Cow!!! I thought FedEx was hiring experienced pilots. By looking at Wojo's profile, his ATP is still wet. (Sorry Wojo...no offense, but congrats on the job.)

Is FedEx aware that there are thousands of pilots on the street, with tons of time, numerous type ratings and operational experience who NEED a job?

Holy Cow!!! I thought FedEx was hiring experienced pilots. By looking at Wojo's profile, his ATP is still wet. (Sorry Wojo...no offense, but congrats on the job.)

Looks to me like he isn't a pilot at all, rather, a Naval Aviator ;) .

TP

I am going to try to rescue this thread before it becomes a pilot eat pilot one...

Was told by one of the guys in yesterday class that they are looking seriously at 757's and tha that is "the airplane that Fred likes"...Comments, rumors, scuttlebutt....or how about we talk about good looking women and the size of their breasts????
Los1

PseudoName said:

Is FedEx aware that there are thousands of pilots on the street, with tons of time, numerous type ratings and operational experience who NEED a job?

I guess FedEx understands the difference between having 2200 hours and having 1 hour 2200 times. Good for them.

My guess is that Wojo needed a job. Good for him.

I'm glad that I never had to land the C-2 on the ship. Good for me.

FNG_that's me said:
I guess FedEx understands the difference between having 2200 hours and having 1 hour 2200 times. Good for them.

My guess is that Wojo needed a job. Good for him.

I'm glad that I never had to land the C-2 on the ship. Good for me.

Not True!

I've got more than 12,000 hours now. Heavy Intn'l Exp., Ton's of PIC time, Three Recommendations on File and still no call?

What gives?

i thought the 757 isn't an option because of the spacing issues on final delaying arrivals.

OK boys and girls, and I did not want to get involved...

I spoke to the Assistant Chief Pilot that puts the hiring boards together (BTW, they are having a screening board once a month--the board decides who they are going to call for an interview) Straight from the horses mouth: "we have tens of thousands of qualified individuals apps on file, we have to have a discriminator. Right now you pretty much have to have a sponsor who is willing to come to MEM, with the candidate, and state that candidates case to the ACP"
Fair? I don't know. But it is what it is. Start networking. Call EVERYBODY that you know that might possibly work at FDX. Become a nag (In a nice way of course)
You have to separate yourself from the rest of the pack, Whether you are an F-22 test pilot with 10000 Arab kills in this last conflict or a FLAP who is the CEO of his own company and has 1,000,000 flyong hours all instrument.
Questions?
and that is all I am going to say about that!!!!
Los1

PseudoName said:

They know it, but unless you flew/fly for the Navy,Marines, USAF, or AG, your chances are like a snowball's in h........

...ell. Not really, I believe what Los1 said since I've also heard the same thing from my ACP (I've sponsored two furloughed guys already: one hired, the other meets next months board).......

Get someone willing to sponsor you..........

inline: While the numbers may slightly favor former military pilots, there are plenty of pilots at FedEx who never flew in the military. PLENTY. The system isn't perfect, but it is what it is and you just need to play by their rules. Also, UPDATE OFTEN. They really like to see an ongoing desire to work here.

By the way, you forgot to mention the Army and the Coast Guard.

FJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back