• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Mesa UA flying gone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Too bad you feel that way...Then you do not deserve to be in this profession and should look for something outside of aviation given your animosity towards it and others involved.I'm sure a 4 day trip with you would be very long and stressful..Good Luck in whatever happens.
Because I refuse to work at a scumbag outfit like Mesa Airlines means I do not deserve to be in the profession. Why don't you just apply for GO--JETS then. That rational is insane. The truth is...there are many more pilots than not that would work outside of aviation as oppossed to working at a place like Mesa or G0--jets. There is a good reason for that. By the way, do you have any idea what Mesa group is about? I can't believe you are standing up for that airline. There is a reason why, when a Mesa pilot is asked who he/she works for they always look to the ground when they tell you it's Mesa. It happens over and over again. Even they know their peers don't respect them. And for good and valid reasons.

The reality is that many of the "Mesa Sucks" crowd probably applied at Mesa at some point in their careers! Mesa just wasn't the first to call with a job offer. That make you lucky, not better! Sorry to hear there are more pilots on the street!
Not true. When i applied and hired on at Mesa, they were one of only about two carriers that weren't some form of PFT. There was Atlantic Coast...pay for a seat. Comair...pay for the 'interview'....CoEX Pay for your airplane...yada yada. Anyhow, i got hired at Mesa, was not there any longer than was planned...and moved on. Don't assume all are the same.

Because I refuse to work at a scumbag outfit like Mesa Airlines means I do not deserve to be in the profession. Why don't you just apply for GO--JETS then. That rational is insane. The truth is...there are many more pilots than not that would work outside of aviation as oppossed to working at a place like Mesa or G0--jets. There is a good reason for that. By the way, do you have any idea what Mesa group is about? I can't believe you are standing up for that airline. There is a reason why, when a Mesa pilot is asked who he/she works for they always look to the ground when they tell you it's Mesa. It happens over and over again. Even they know their peers don't respect them. And for good and valid reasons.

Dude seriously you must be a deuche. Unless that someone ran over your mother repeatedly in the park lot, what possess a pilot to judge a fellow pilot's employment short of being a scab? Someones trash is another persons treasure. Maybe some people don't want to be stuck as 8 year FOs at eagle making 30k eventhough they really really really really really have a good contract and get to be on reserve only 17 days out of the month. That doesn't make them a bottom feeding scum, they would like to move on quickly from this doomed regional industry and are willing to sacrifice qol. I don't know that's how they sacrificed back in the day.

I know Mesa very well..I was there !!!..And i would look you straight in the eye and tell you that.Did i like it ?..Yes and No..It served it's purpose..If the regionals are not suppose to be a place to retire then why all the fuss about who has the better contract and pay if you don't plan on staying there as a career..

So you are inferring that PFT built Comair and I rode the coattails? To the contrary, it was people like me that stood up and refused to go to Comair UNTIL they removed the PFT that help improve the QOL of the industry. Had people continued to fork over the $10k then Comair would have continued to gladly accept it. I don't know any other profession that requires you to pay an employer to work there. It's wrong and I refused to do it.

Had pilots refused to go to Mesa and choose to wait it out or take other postions until they could get hired by a "reputable" airline then Mesa would have either had to change or die. However, they didn't do either because they had an ample supply of SJS pilots. It's the same as a girl who marries an abusive man and looks at like an abusive husband is better than no husband.

I am highly offended that you would even compare a Comair, Eagle, ASA, etc, etc pilot to a Mesa pilot.

Comair's success in the late 90's had something to do with their ability to turn a profit (record profits, in fact). PFT was of some consequence to record profit margins at Comair during this time. A great balance sheet (and the growth that came with it) was at someone else's expense, with the help of those willing to PFT. You and I may not have paid for our training at Comair but we were apart of that growth. So yes, PFT at Comair was of some benefit to you and me and we have some responsibility in that. The reality is that PFT at Comair, and many other regionals during this time, came to an end when the regional industry had a need for 1,500+ pilots a month.

I'm offended that you are on this board claiming yourself a savior of pilots for doing exactly nothing! I don't have any particular reason to argue in favor of Mesa pilots, I'm just tired of the hypocrisy of folks like you and Seven!

Not true. When i applied and hired on at Mesa, they were one of only about two carriers that weren't some form of PFT. There was Atlantic Coast...pay for a seat. Comair...pay for the 'interview'....CoEX Pay for your airplane...yada yada. Anyhow, i got hired at Mesa, was not there any longer than was planned...and moved on. Don't assume all are the same.

Umm yes....whats not true? My premise would seem to support your statement!

Giving out BJ's to supplement your piss poor income flying your POS rj is nothing to brag about skooter!

And I got your skooter hanging right here!!!

I'm right about the pay and you know it!!!!

Umm yes....whats not true? My premise would seem to support your statement!
I am not sure what you were getting at, but myself and a large number of other pilots who did work for Mesa in the 90's applied there because we did not want to support the PFT mindset. I did not apply to any PFT carrier (Comair, ACA, CoEx) I did turn down a Shorts 360 in San Juan with Eagle though. Either way, not all Mesa pilots were there because they could not hire on anywhere else. And to say that pilots who chose Mesa were in come way less than their counterparts at the PFT airlines of the day is incorrect.

Latest resources

Back