• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blzr

Press ReleaseSource: Mesa Air Group
Mesa Air Group to Expand Partnership With Delta Air Lines
Tuesday March 7, 11:43 am ET
PHOENIX, March 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group (Nasdaq: MESA - News) today announced an expansion of its strategic partnership with Delta Air Lines. Under this new agreement Freedom Airlines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mesa Air Group, will fly twelve, 37-seat, De Havilland Dash 8 aircraft in support of Delta Air Lines expanding operations at its New York-JFK hub. The term of the new agreement is three years. The aircraft will be operated under a capacity purchase arrangement similar to Mesa's existing Delta Connection agreement under which Freedom Airlines flies 50-passenger regional jets. The Dash 8s covered under this agreement will be incremental to the 16 Dash 8 aircraft currently operated by Mesa Air Group. (Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990210/LAW065)

well this sucks. where the hell they gonna park?

I can imagine the Cluster F#$^ that is the KK remote parking, with rampies running all over the place, kamikaze tug drivers, and now spinning props as a new obstacle.

wmuflyguy said:
well this sucks. where the hell they gonna park?

I can imagine the Cluster F#$^ that is the KK remote parking, with rampies running all over the place, kamikaze tug drivers, and now spinning props as a new obstacle.

I was thinking the same thing. The place is already jam-packed, and with the additional flights scheduled for Freedom and Comair, it is going to be a mess.

Just what I want to do, ride on a Dash 8. I think not!!!! Delta is really really going down the tubes folks. What next, new flying in the wonderful 1900 or Jetscreem 31.

You said it, the race to the bottom continues. The Euro-trash that Delta will start to bring in this summer will love getting on a DASH-8 after a ride across the pond on a 76 or 77 to get to their New England vacation spot. How quaint.

It's interesting that DAL doesn't want to operate ATRs from ATL to VLD or ABY where there is no competition, but they'll put Mesa Dash 8s at JFK where everybody and his brother flies. Can you say schizophrenic?

"Mesa has proven itself a highly reliable, cost-effective and flexible partner." -- some Delta PR hack

Highly flexible and cost-effective, yes. Like a $20 hooker in a Tijuana donkey show. Highly reliable? C'mon, you're killin' me. :laugh:

Will these Dashs have APU's?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back