CYYC
CYYJ
CYYZ
MMDO
MMGL
MMMY
MMPR
MMSD
Plus about 5 more mexico to come on-line this month.
MYNN

You realize XJT has flown to every one of these mexico citites for years and I cant ever think of once it has been brought up to measure dick size? By the way...CYWG? Really? Winnipeg?

Dont know if you would really call them technical but:
CYEG
CYLW
CYQR
CYQT
CYWG
CYVR
CYXU
CYYC
CYYJ
CYYZ
MMDO
MMGL
MMMY
MMPR
MMSD
Plus about 5 more mexico to come on-line this month.
MYNN

I guess it does make you dispatchers feel better. What other useless statistics make you feel better? Major airline status (which is bogus), flying to "technical" cities and new ones like MIA, having a regional fleet number larger DAL, having the head of the largest aircraft leasing company on the BOD, no supposed dispatcher certificate action, etc. Yes, this all things I've heard you Skywest people brag about. I'm sure there are a lot more that aren't on the top of my head.

So what other kool aid do you guys drown in? I already know they tell you on day one that you are only there because you are the best. So what else do you have?

Last edited:
XPOO

Don't lump me in with your usual suspects. I value having dispatchers and recognize their importance. My issue is you hanging your hat on the number, or rather lack of dispatcher violations. Over my years here, I've personally have seen a number of major mistakes made by dispatchers, usually not listing an alternate when required. Think of one of those "technical" airports listed with no available IAP. Those were definitely swept away, with hopefully a lesson learned by all involved.
I'm not preaching, some of those dispatch screw ups were found after the flight, making me just as guilty.

XPOO

Don't lump me in with your usual suspects. I value having dispatchers and recognize their importance. My issue is you hanging your hat on the number, or rather lack of dispatcher violations. Over my years here, I've personally have seen a number of major mistakes made by dispatchers, usually not listing an alternate when required. Think of one of those "technical" airports listed with no available IAP. Those were definitely swept away, with hopefully a lesson learned by all involved.
I'm not preaching, some of those dispatch screw ups were found after the flight, making me just as guilty.

Russ,

Thanks for the recognition. We all make mistakes. I know for a fact, that most dispatchers at OO want nothing more, than to have a crew find the release they send useful, and the release provide a safe framework to operate the flight. Mistakes will happen, and like you said, it happens on both ends. I may forget an alternate, but if the PIC doesnt see it either, how can I take all the blame. Obviously, I should have seen it. But its no different than busting an altitude, or landing without clearance.

to all OO pilots, if your dispatcher ever screws up, call them on it. If they give you attitude, call the dispatch Supervisor. They will take care of the problem. And if any of you are in SGU stop by and say hi. We will welcome you into the office (even the pompus, better than everyone, PRB).

Are you really unable to understand the point of my post? If we just are glorified bus drivers, then what does that make a person who is required to do $h!t for that glorified bus driver? Get it now or do you need me to draw you pictures?

No, I get your point. It just doesn't offend me the way it does you.

No, but a real ASAP program does prevent certificate action. You can thank ALPA for that by the way.

So if you land an aircraft on a taxiway instead of a runway, will an ASAP sweep that under the rug? Or how about if you takeoff well below minto because you forgot to fuel?

You do realize that Skywest's revenue are not indicative of their "real" revenue, right?

I don't make up the rules, I just point them out. You want to get technical only when it helps prove your point.

Is that new or old koolaid? Honestly, does these statistics make you feel better about yourself? If it is, then where are all the technical cities in Mexico, Canada, or the Caribbean?

See, maybe its you that doesn't get my point. As Homer pointed out, I don't believe you would categorize any of the cities we fly to internationally as technical. But while we are on the subject, why is XJT slowly losing all their Mexico routes to SKW?

XPOO

Almost all airlines out there now, comparable at least, have an ASAP program. For those airlines to have had multiple, and possibly even currently, dispatch certificate actions taken they had to have been some major, unforgiveable violations. Let that just sink in, and it will become more obvious what my point actually was.

Latest resources

Back