• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Hostages at AAI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gt, it is really disheartening to hear one of our own talk like you do.

After all these years of being taken advantage of, all I have to say is fu(k MANAGEMENT!! They brought this resentment and ill will on themselves and they deserve what they get. Maybe now that their bonuses are being deflated they'll be a little more receptive at the negotiating table. I'm sick and tired of being strung along while watching their bonuses get bigger every year. Fu(k them.

I'll write a checks to support the newest hostages just like I did DL, RM and the furloughees.

We're all in this together, fu(k playing fair, the gloves are off and I'm throwing haymakers.

I have nothing to add.... I just wanted to highlight the above quote in BOLD... because it needs repeating LOUDER to some of the AAI Pilots.

Hey GT1900 . . . . have you ever crossed a picket line?

What would be your vote, if we took a strike vote tomorrow?

Last edited:
Ty. Nope, I haven't. But, my vote would be a strike in a heartbeat! I voted down TA and I voted for ALPA.

However, the company hasn't had to string us along the last 2 years since the last TA. We did it to ourselves. The NPA was so busy fighting against themselves that the company could just sit back and laugh. You guys like to blame the company for everything. But our old union was just as much as fault. We should have been released a long time ago. But, unfortunately for us we spent the last 2 years fighting amongst ourselves while the company just sat back and watched. Now here we are 2 years later, finally negotiating again, and we are back at square 1. We are going to go through all the normal B.S. again. If you don't think that our old union takes some of the blame for this delay then I don't know what to tell you. The guys over at Alaska negotiated for 2 years. When the company started stalling the mediator threatened to realease them. Next thing you know, they had a new contract. We can't even get to the point of being released because our union was too busy hiring, firing, and calling the cops on eachother! Now that we have ALPA onboard we at least have some leadership and are making steps toward a contract. IMO I think its gonna take a strike vote and a threat of release to get a decent contract. Everytime Jetblue, Alaska, SWA, and others get a pay raise I just keep getting more expensive. If we don't get at least JB and AL wages, with a big signing bonus, I aint' voting for it. And if it comes to it, Ill buy the beer on the picket line!

Ty... Reading isn't really your strong point is it. I already said there was probably more to it then was stated. The assumption in the first place was that it was an AAI flight to CUN. It then came out as a flight to Mexico City. What I said was if it was legal to make the flight to CUN, then IMO it wouldn't be an issue.

Legal has nothing to do with safe. Put down the kool aid

GT-1900:

Agreed. Glad to know that while we don't agree on a lot of things, we do agree on the most important stuff.

Ty. Nope, I haven't. But, my vote would be a strike in a heartbeat! I voted down TA and I voted for ALPA.

However, the company hasn't had to string us along the last 2 years since the last TA. We did it to ourselves. The NPA was so busy fighting against themselves that the company could just sit back and laugh. You guys like to blame the company for everything. But our old union was just as much as fault. We should have been released a long time ago. But, unfortunately for us we spent the last 2 years fighting amongst ourselves while the company just sat back and watched. Now here we are 2 years later, finally negotiating again, and we are back at square 1. We are going to go through all the normal B.S. again. If you don't think that our old union takes some of the blame for this delay then I don't know what to tell you. The guys over at Alaska negotiated for 2 years. When the company started stalling the mediator threatened to realease them. Next thing you know, they had a new contract. We can't even get to the point of being released because our union was too busy hiring, firing, and calling the cops on eachother! Now that we have ALPA onboard we at least have some leadership and are making steps toward a contract. IMO I think its gonna take a strike vote and a threat of release to get a decent contract. Everytime Jetblue, Alaska, SWA, and others get a pay raise I just keep getting more expensive. If we don't get at least JB and AL wages, with a big signing bonus, I aint' voting for it. And if it comes to it, Ill buy the beer on the picket line!

Wow, we actually agree!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back