• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Hostages at AAI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any truth to the rumor about 3 more being (possibly) suspended?
Yup. Our 3 MEC Officers, President Linden Hillman, VP Todd Ortscheid, and Sec/Treas Matt Helms.

They have not received their official letters yet, and with Linden and Todd on full-time buy, word is their suspensions will be held in abeyance until they return to the line. Don't know how long the suspensions were, and it's not official until the company pulls the trigger and sends the letter.

They are allegedly being suspended for authorizing pilots to wear their uniform brass for the last informational picketing in Atlanta. If so, I smell a whole series of lawsuits coming on... Time to pull the gloves off (actually it's way PAST time).

The uniform "brass" worn at the shareholder's meeting was generic. Why did they change the strategy?

Just when you thought those geniuses in FL can't be more stupid to stir the hornet's nest, they do something like that to prove otherwise. Kinda glad i left when I had a chance, sigh...

The uniform "brass" worn at the shareholder's meeting was generic. Why did they change the strategy?

Most likely, because we were at work (ATL Airport) and have an indisputable right to wear it? Also, we have a right to wear it off-campus, too, according to case law; the Union leadership just didn't want to "muddy the waters" and give the Company a "reason" to suspend 35-40 guys. At the Shareholders' Meeting, there were F/A's and Gate Agents there in uniform, go figure.

All the picketing we did here at Midwest was in uniforms and brass, the only thing that we didn't have was the company ID, we picketed everywhere, HQ, MKE airport and even in front of Mr H own house, all with ALPA's blessings.

I hope the Dept of Labor is going to get involved. Only suspending union leadership for something that 150 pilots did smacks of selective enforcement. Why don't they suspend all 150 pilots?

I remember hearing an airtran guy on the radio making fun of an ASA guy for taxiing slow a few years ago, but I'm with ya. Good luck over there.

The problem with that is the RJ puke was probably a student pilot and needed a progressive to find his way around.

I hope the Dept of Labor is going to get involved. Only suspending union leadership for something that 150 pilots did smacks of selective enforcement. Why don't they suspend all 150 pilots?
Because it would seriously screw up operations to pull 150 pilots off the line, even 10 pilots at a time for a 1-week suspension, for the next 15 weeks would cause a problem.

Yes, the staffing is THAT tight, although it should let up some next month as block hours decrease. Heard a story today about a guy I used to fly with a Pinnacle who is an AirTran F/O - he took a flight today for double time pay. Deadhead 2 hours, fly 2 hours, deadhead 2 hours. 12 hours of flight pay equivalent for 2 hours of flying, an $800 day for him and he's home that same night.

If it weren't negotiations, I'd say go for it. As it is, I have a strong urge to call him and ask WTF but, knowing the guy, I can't say as I'm surprised, he'll never be on the union bandwagon...

Yes, discriminatory practice lawsuits are already in the wings, as are hostile work environment and several others. The DOL in both Florida and Georgia are being contacted with all the documentation as well. Have to have all your ducks in a row with the paper documentation to go with it before you pull the trigger on calling the DOL.

Latest resources

Back