More Furlough Rumblings at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More questions than answers...

That meeting was last week. I was told it was nothing special, just a normal visit that they always do

The slots ain't there as of today. One who knows.

So maybe you can confirm why the Bombardier execs are at the training center today? Flightaware seems to confirm a visit on the 14th and another today... hmmm...

Two visits in one week by the big cheesies seems like more than "just a normal visit" Also didn't someone else say earlier Waterview was SUPER twittered up about this visit?

Anybody got anything from the all hands meeting yesterday? My husband said blah, blah, blah and I've heard that elsewhere too. Not like they'd actually tell y'all anything but maybe someone knows if these two events are related...

I'm REALLY hoping for something positive to keep my spirits up.

I was at the training center today and didn't hear anything about the Bombardier guys being there. Not that theres any reason to tell me but you figure something like that would leak out.

You're assuming that both flights were related to Flexjet stuff.

I was told the meeting was last week as well. Just general how are things, what are we doing to be proactive etc.. etc..

Was also told the slots rumor is BS

I would be twittered up as well if 50 people just got laid off.

Last edited:
Yeah Mr Mclain left when we pinned his number. Tuck the tail and leave when you have no fight; which is ok by me. I don't converse with those 604 folks anyway, I'm not old enough to get their jokes or humor, if any exists.

Dirtybeech, lmao dude!

Despite assurances from our chief pilot during his recent long-recurrent schtick that pilot levels were stable through the end of the year, it appears the company is getting ready for another round of deep furloughs.

An extremely reliable source says the training department has been told to set aside a goodly number of additional slots beginning in September, and since we're not hiring, that can only mean one thing: beaucoup downgrades. This source further stated that the number of pilots idled could be as high as sixty, with the layoffs divided into three waves of twenty.

I'm also hearing that Waterview is bracing for a mid-August visit from one of the honchos from Montreal, and that can't be good news, either.

So thanks for nothing, Beaner.

I was at the training center today and didn't hear anything about the Bombardier guys being there. Not that theres any reason to tell me but you figure something like that would leak out.

You're assuming that both flights were related to Flexjet stuff.

I was told the meeting was last week as well. Just general how are things, what are we doing to be proactive etc.. etc..

Was also told the slots rumor is BS

I would be twittered up as well if 50 people just got laid off.

back to the main topic........Mr Dooker would you care to tell us how reliable your source is? Looks like others are saying different!

back to the main topic........Mr Dooker would you care to tell us how reliable your source is? Looks like others are saying different!

All I can say is, I consider him extremely reliable. He's a solid guy, verrrry senior, in a position to hear things we don't hear out on the line, etc., and when he approached me on the ramp last month and made a throat-slashing gesture and told me it didn't bode well, that I deserved to know, etc., I almost soiled my Hagars.

If he turns out to be wrong, so be it. I'm sure he'd prefer to be wrong--as would I.

I'm sorry I misunderstood what I was told. Executives WERE around today but at the waterview not the training center.

Maybe it's routine but I still think it's interesting.

Oh well.

If he's very senior and hears things we dont hear on the line then he must be an ACP and I don't believe any of those guys would share anything except fuel prices and vacation emails.

Do you guys not have some kind of pilot representatives that interact with management on your behalf and keep the group posted?

FYI, "some kind" is meant to cover non-union peers, acting in an advisory capacity. I'm curious if they have a system like that. I asked because I am interested in other fracs, and as a person who values information, I'm sympathetic to their (lack of info) situation.

Hint: When one has no interest in reading posts by a particular FI member(s), the appropriate response is to use the ignore function to customize your screen. How to: click on User CP, it's on the left side of the page, the last item under settings.

Latest resources

Back