• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Furlough Rumblings at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm so sorry Mr. Fast. I just realized I owe you an apology, I just noticed your your massive 5500 total hours of flight time, with that incredible amount of experience you've obviously seen and done it all. PaLeeeeze, I've got more than that in the left seat of just one of the 10 planes I'm typed in. Put a 1 in front of that measly 5500 and at least work for the company you seem to know everything about and then just maybe you'll have some credibility. I am curious however, who are you a co-pilot for?

No need to patronize. Really, I could care less how many hours you have - but if you need to do the self-stroke on your own ego, by all means do so. What's next to compare - who's dropped the largest bombload? Seriously.

It would be my guess that you're one of the good ole boys in the upper 1/4 of the seniority list. Most likely one of the guys picking up overtime at every opportunity, inspite of those on the street.

Someone earlier mentioned you were part of the CAB. If so, you're doing a bang-up job there. :laugh: Much like the rest of your type at Flex, your only battle is to be first in line to stick their nose up FG's tailpipe. Keep up the good work - Fred relies on guys like you.

Well, thanks for confronting them about it. Wish more guys were like you. Next time you do, please tell them we the furloughed really appreciate it. It's not like we have bills to pay and families to feed or anything.

I met a lot of great people at Flex and really enjoyed my time there, but more and more every day I wish I would have just kept flying single pilot in piece of $#!t freighters for $45k a year. I never thought I'd consider those the "good old days" so soon, but wow... those really were the good old days.

Maybe if their wives had jobs they wouldn't have to whore themselves so badly.

Have you ever noticed that most of the OT prostitutes have either a) boats or McMansions or some other expensive accessory or b) stay at home wives (the ultimate luxury item).

I give thanks to Allah every day for blessing me with a wife with a career.

Have you ever noticed that most of the OT prostitutes have either a) boats or McMansions or some other expensive accessory or b) stay at home wives (the ultimate luxury item).

Heaven forbid someone other than a NANNY or DAYCARE raise our children...sheesh.

So you give thanks for having a job that requires two incomes. I don't get it. Just asking.

Hope and a buck will buy you maybe a cup of coffee. You guys/gals don't start doing something to help yourselves there - FG will have you down to getting paid by the flight hour and no benefits whatsoever.

If I were you, I'd get off my butt and do a little more than hope.

Please oh Great One, enlighten all of us poor Flexjetters with your all knowing genius and tell us what we should do! You don't even work at Flex you #%$&che' Bag.

Hey DirtyBiaach, why don't you and Unclepenis just move on if your being unwillingly sodomized at Flex. I am sure everyone would be a lot happier, including our owners for whom I'm sure you are continuously providing an Amazing Customer Experience. Right?

And this is what we're up against. Mr. "compensating for something with my need to show off my TT and number of type ratings while unable to comprehend the ability to be displeased with our company's direction and still do a damn fine job at the same time". Also noted is the high level of maturity required to come up with "unclepenis" and "Dirtybiaach" while expressing the love it or leave it sentiment with regards to FJ. God we have some real toolbags at this company.

FastJP4 [B said:
Hope and a buck will buy you maybe a cup of coffee. You guys/gals don't start doing something to help yourselves there - FG will have you down to getting paid by the flight hour and no benefits whatsoever.
FastJP4 [B said:
If I were you, I'd get off my butt and do a little more than hope.
[/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBeech
Sorry, but our group is the sit and take it crowd.

These are quotes from 2 posts that started me posting my responses. Contrary to what you think Mr. Fastjp4, I did not post my experience level to compensate for anything. I did it to contrast the vast difference between yours and mine and that I find no credible information or idea's from your posting and that is insulting to be told to get off my butt and do something by someone who has probably had no more than 2 or 3 flying jobs at the most. Secondly, you have given no indication that you even work or fly for FlexJet yet you feel obligated to tell us what is going to happen to us in the future. With your relatively low experience level, what makes you such an expert? Did you tell us what we should do? No, you simply made a bold statement of fact with no facts or figures or examples to back it up. What makes you an expert on Fred Reid? Probably nothing except what we all know already. Yes I am in the top 1/4 at FlexJet and yes that makes me much more of an expert about what has and has not worked here. I have been a professional pilot for 28 years and FlexJet is by far the best company i have worked for. Is it perfect ?, absolutely not, but I challenge you to find an aviation related company that is. I am just sick and tired of hearing these relatively inexperienced whiners continually complaining about how they are constantly being abused and tormented by the management and senior pilots. FlexJet is some of these guy's FIRST Jet or high paying job! Nobody's being abused or tormented and DirtyBeech or George Costanza would take my seat in a heartbeat out of seniority if given the opportunity. These same individuals see fit to accuse me and the senior pilot group of Stealing overtime. I myself have had (1) day of overtime this year, not that I need to explain to you or anyone why I did it, but I will because it's a perfect example of how these Idiot's, morons and malcontents spew this anti-company rhetoric to support and spread their misery. I blocked in a KADS at 2231 one evening and my vehicle was at KDFW, that's it. The short little bald guy seems to think he knows that I've served on the CAB. Once again, a whining malcontent has his facts wrong yet feels perfectly at ease posting as though it's a fact. As far as Mr. DirtyBeech goes all I will say is this, anyone who states his current position as Defending the Frontier from Zur and the Kodan Armarda is just the type of person I want telling me what and how to fix all that is supposedly wrong at FlexJet. Being called a Toolbag from in inmature dweeb like him I'll take as a compliment.

The only fact out of all this BS is that FlexJet is still in business and doing rather well considering everything else that's going on. What's going to happen next is anybody's guess and FlexJet's future will not be solidified by any of these so called experts simple solution of Union, Union, Union. It's like a broken F@#$%ing record and it's getting oh so very old and, so are they.

All I'm saying is, a marriage with two incomes is like a plane with two engines. You lose one, you still stay in the air. Or at least you don't reach the crash site so fast.
And none of the OT w h o r e s I've met had wives who lost their jobs. Their wives never had jobs to begin with.

I've traveled all over the world, and the only two places I've been where this weird situation (seemingly intelligent, educated women stuck in exclusively domestic roles) seems to exist are here and the Middle East, and it really didn't even come into being here until the fifties. Before that, working class women (and, yes, pilots are working class) were just as likely as men to work, even if married.

My mom and dad both worked--they were teachers. I never felt that I or my sisters ever were the worse for it. If anything, I believe a working mom is a healthier role model for girls than a stay-at-homer.

And here's another thing. I've made an informal study of friends' wives--those who work versus those who stay at home all day. Those who work seem waaaaayyy happier and, well, normal, to me than those who hang around the house all day trying to invent things to occupy themselves.

A home-bound wife is a luxury item, just like a Lexus or a country club membership or a big boat. If you have one, and you have to pick up every overtime shift that comes along, you get no sympathy from me.

.... I believe some have a fundamental misunderstanding of what a union on the property can or can't do. a union doesn't guarantee bad things won't happen. No it doesn't, but a contract guaranteeing professional compensation allows a pilot/family to save for the rainy days and paid health insurance can avert financial disaster. it won't guarantee good things will happen. True, but it does provide an avenue; CBA guaranteed pay can bring a lot of good things with it and mandating that there will be joint committees can teach both sides to work together which is also a good thing. what a union does IS guarantee the pilots who always seem to bear the brunt of the whole good/bad scenario have a voice in the process and aren't completely at the mercy of management. Well said! for the life of me I'll never understand why pilots who train their entire lives to be masters of the aircraft they fly - are content to let others be masters of their career. An unending mystery to me, too.

Steeler, I understand your point is clarification and that the advantages I listed are dependent upon a good contract, but as that is the objective of any group that stands together, I thought it worth mentioning. I share your confusion. Why would pilots who are constantly making critical decisions leave ones that profoundly affect them and their family to the whim of managers who don't have to live with the results...:confused: Aren't the majority of professional pilots in aviation unionized for career protection that comes with the guarantee of due process when questions arise?

Latest resources

Back