• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Furlough Rumblings at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DB, never say never...hope springs eternal...:) Seriously, I watched things turn around for the NJA pilots after they (and their spouses) decided to stand together. The Strong Union movement started small and gathered momentum until it became a grass roots campaign.

Some of the Options pilots also doubted they could get a Union but they kept passing out cards and talking it up and now they're at the bargaining table, wrapping up the final sections of their first (if approved by 1108) contract. You guys can do that, too.

I highly encourage those interested at Flex to pass out the cards calling for a vote. Perhaps seeing how the furloughs are being handled--little or no warning, only a 2yr recall when the industry standard is unlimited, etc--will have opened enough eyes to move the Flex pilotgroup forward, working on the same goals--together. When issues come up that grab the attention of the slow-to-rally they start looking at Unions differently. Hang in there, it's worth it in the end. NJW

Last edited:
NJW,... but I think that's why they were surprised. Thanks for the explanation. I still have not heard, and I usually hear something, about who else was let go. It is curiously quiet with that info. How frustrating! Sharing information is free, but some managers hoard it like it's gold...:mad: That is sooo wrong! Families need as much time as possible to prepare. NJ pilots work hand-in-hand w/management on joint committees, per their contract, and the Union puts out weekly updates.

Thanks for being concerned and curious. Every little bit helps especially from someone whose been around the fractional block a few times.

FW, I've always been concerned for/interested in the other frac families once I learned y'all were out there....:) (Public thanks to FI for giving us this forum!) I feel very strongly that the family perspective should be represented and considered. Kudos to you for speaking up about the issues at Flex. I think you'll find that there are many things we have in common and I agree that it helps to compare notes with those who have trod the same path. Best Wishes! NJW

My sarcastic question gets a sarcastic answer. I don't know anyone who lives the lifestyle you describe relying on OT, but ok.

We have one who says he needs 18 days to pay his bills. Since 16 is a normal schedule, he is relying on being able to bid up every month. When we went to 14 days for the summer, he sounded kind of stressed. i don't know what his bills are, but he is on wife number one, so I assume he has toy problems. That's all I was refering to.

We have one who says he needs 18 days to pay his bills. Since 16 is a normal schedule, he is relying on being able to bid up every month. When we went to 14 days for the summer, he sounded kind of stressed. i don't know what his bills are, but he is on wife number one, so I assume he has toy problems. That's all I was refering to.

When did we go back to 16 days bid period since it has been 14 the normal after the second round of furloughs?

Notapilot:

Why the delete? You said your piece, and even though I may disagree with you, I for one appeciate someone who will say his mind. You should have stuck with it.

Just a thought on the overtime piece, and feel free to counter my point. If people refuse the overtime, wouldn't it cause the company to bring the days back to 16 sooner? Seems like those that beg for the overtime (not the ones stuck in the boonies and get OT because of it), are hurting not only those on the street, but the rest of the crew that could use the extra income that 16 days brought them. That's the point that has people irritated.

As for our overtime seeking friend, we ALL know who he is. IMO, he is just the type that brought this country to its knees, way, way over his head with no fiscal responsibility. I wouldn't trust him to manage a kids tricycle, I can't believe the company flips him the keys to a Challenger.

That's my take on it.

Hung

Remember the days when we were asking for less work? I enjoy not working 221 days a year!

Hung I deleted it because I decided that I no longer wanted to participate in this thread. We all have personal opinions and it is not worth arguing any particular point on here. I do agree with you though.

Latest resources

Back