More Drama from Pacific Wings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
howdy partner,

here is what the state is doing about it. obviously if they are doing this and making wackenhut do more training then there really was a problem. my 2 cents!

http://starbulletin.com/2005/11/17/news/story13.html

when islandhopper and RJP write it seems that they are really bitter about PW. did u guys get fired from there? that would explain alot! please advise.....lol

RJP said:
How did you find this article? Nice work.

Just Googled for GK a while ago. Actually bookmarked it for occasions like this.

haole said:
howdy partner,

here is what the state is doing about it. obviously if they are doing this and making wackenhut do more training then there really was a problem. my 2 cents!

http://starbulletin.com/2005/11/17/news/story13.html

when islandhopper and RJP write it seems that they are really bitter about PW. did u guys get fired from there? that would explain alot! please advise.....lol

Have you ever worked on the ramp at OGG?

The guys obviously needed a little more training but they were not into threats of direct physical violence or death.

Have you ever worked at PW? Probably not.

Let me enlighten you. No one I know who left ever felt bad even if they were fired. That's because it's that good of a place to work that people were looking to get fired just to jump ship.

If you can't see by the progression of things that GK and his buddies are purposely provoking responses from Wakenhut then there's no help for any of us.

For fun let's consider two assumptions...1. Wackenhut security guards hold power on the ramp...2. GK is trying to provoke security into action.

Even if both of these asumptions were true it would still NOT excuse the actions of the security guard. If we take the first assumption to be true, that Wackenhut does have some law enforcement powers than in fact it makes it worse for the security guard. In court rulings, Law Enforcement Officers are held to a higher standard of behavior than a lay person.

I am not sure what "Law Enforcement Powers" Der_Kom is implying the security guards in HNL have, but I doubt it. I've never seen the DOT Law Enforcement guys you are talking about, but I am talking about the "rent a cops" I guess it's Wackenhut on Maui and Securitas (I think) in HNL.

Let's be clear about what "Law Enforcement Powers" is...

These include the powers to arrest, search, seize, and interrogate; and if necessary, to kill on behalf of the governement. I hope these rent a cops don't have any of these powers.

later

igneousy2 said:
I am not sure what "Law Enforcement Powers" Der_Kom is implying the security guards in HNL have, but I doubt it. I've never seen the DOT Law Enforcement guys you are talking about, but I am talking about the "rent a cops" I guess it's Wackenhut on Maui and Securitas (I think) in HNL.

I'm not implying that they have the powers, I'm stating that they do. If you don't believe me, ask any armed security person at the airport. If they're armed, they carry permission in the form of the State of Hawaii DOT card.

Securitas does currently hold the contract for security at the HNL airport. Most of them are people that used to work for AKAL and switched over when the contract was won by Securitas.

igneousy2 said:
Let's be clear about what "Law Enforcement Powers" is...

These include the powers to arrest, search, seize, and interrogate; and if necessary, to kill on behalf of the governement. I hope these rent a cops don't have any of these powers.

I'll go ahead and disagree with your "To kill on behalf of the government" statement. That'd be more like a soldier, marine, sailor, or airman...or James Bond. The are several conditions that must be present for the application of deadly force, but that's another conversation.

If they are licensed from the State Department of Transportation, then yes, they have arrest, search, siezure, and all other "regular" law enforcement powers. As I said though, the physical area that they can apply these powers is limited to the airport and the surrounding area.

haole said:
Hello, Mr.-First-Time-Posting-Alter-Ego-Flamebaiter! Your input is much appreciated.

Last edited:
haole said:
howdy partner,

I sound bitter about PW? When? Where? The closest I have been to a PW airplane is outbound on taxiway lima when they come up golf.

RJP said:
Hello, Mr.-First-Time-Posting-Alter-Ego-Flamebaiter! Your input is much appreciated.

Crap! I have 439 posts. My life sucks.

igneousy2 said:
For fun let's consider two assumptions...1. Wackenhut security guards hold power on the ramp...2. GK is trying to provoke security into action.

Even if both of these asumptions were true it would still NOT excuse the actions of the security guard.

you're right it doesnt. it doesnt relieve people of exercising common sense either. if you go looking for trouble long enough, it will one day find you. its pretty obvious that both of these peoples MOs were not new to them, they didnt develop these behaviors over night. they eached pushed it just a little too far. both sides share in being idiots.

RJP said:

like my grandpa used to say, "son, bitterness is a stinky redolence"

Latest resources

Back