• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More drama? 2nd run at Frontier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One day, someone's likely to dig up that post and repeatedly dangle it about for all to see. Just sayin.

Let them, see if I care. Right now I have 31 years left and am a junior FO. If I were a senior captain living in base I'd be singing a different tune. Right now, though, that is what I think.

F9 has already said they are willing to sell off slots that they have at DCA/LGA. Why buy the whole cow when you can just buy a glass of milk for a fraction of the price?

There is a LGA/DCA slot auction that ends around Thanksgiving. If B6 doesnt get some good slots then I say they will look to F9 for some

Not the same slots. RAH owns a bunch of Commuter slots that they lease to LCC, if B6 wants them they will have to wait to see if LCC rejects them. Also not sure what restrictions are on Commuter slots. Probably limited on seats to less than aircraft that B6 operates. Frontier slots aren't for sale and they will be bidding on additional slots at the auction right there with ya.

What an a$$clown, Bedford was on "undercover Boss" last year.

Not the same slots. RAH owns a bunch of Commuter slots that they lease to LCC, if B6 wants them they will have to wait to see if LCC rejects them. Also not sure what restrictions are on Commuter slots. Probably limited on seats to less than aircraft that B6 operates. Frontier slots aren't for sale and they will be bidding on additional slots at the auction right there with ya.

Ahh, I remember reading about those slots. I think USAir has the right of first refusal as well, meaning they can override the sale and buy them back or something.

I thought F9 had some existing slots of their own certificate in LGA/DCA that were being used for A320 type flying that could be sold off.

Ahh, I remember reading about those slots. I think USAir has the right of first refusal as well, meaning they can override the sale and buy them back or something.
I thought F9 had some existing slots of their own certificate in LGA/DCA that were being used for A320 type flying that could be sold off.

Yes. F9 has several slots that they intend to keep and they are trying to get more just like everybody else. I suppose the slots could be sold in some fashion or be considered part of their assets in any kind of M/A activity that may happen in the future.

It is my opinion (and RAH's assertion to Wall Street) that Bedford does not want to sell Frontier completely. He just wants to have a financial partner that will inject the proper amount of capital and allow RAH to become a minority owner so that he can run the airline independantly from his regional (FFD) group. Frontier's Airbus operation is profitable. The little airplanes that he operated under Frontier's brand absolutely destroyed Frontier's CASM and made it a money losing deal. I think that he wants a "re do" and operate Frontier as a successful stand alone, away from his other CPA entities. Now, if the price was right, I'm sure he would have to consider selling Frontier outright, its his fiduciary duty to the shareholders to investigate those kinds of things, but thats neither his goal nor his ambition. Lots of things going on behind the scenes lately to support that theory. In fact if you happen to see a Frontier pilot walking down the concourse, you might notice a little bounce in his or her step going forward.

In fact if you happen to see a Frontier pilot walking down the concourse, you might notice a little bounce in his or her step going forward.

That "bounce" may be due to the fact that BB doesn't belive in lubrication when he saw the said pilot bend over to pick something up off the floor...

Yes. F9 has several slots that they intend to keep and they are trying to get more just like everybody else. I suppose the slots could be sold in some fashion or be considered part of their assets in any kind of M/A activity that may happen in the future.

It is my opinion (and RAH's assertion to Wall Street) that Bedford does not want to sell Frontier completely. He just wants to have a financial partner that will inject the proper amount of capital and allow RAH to become a minority owner so that he can run the airline independantly from his regional (FFD) group. Frontier's Airbus operation is profitable. The little airplanes that he operated under Frontier's brand absolutely destroyed Frontier's CASM and made it a money losing deal. I think that he wants a "re do" and operate Frontier as a successful stand alone, away from his other CPA entities. Now, if the price was right, I'm sure he would have to consider selling Frontier outright, its his fiduciary duty to the shareholders to investigate those kinds of things, but thats neither his goal nor his ambition. Lots of things going on behind the scenes lately to support that theory. In fact if you happen to see a Frontier pilot walking down the concourse, you might notice a little bounce in his or her step going forward.

Take another big swig of that kool-aid, buddy!!!! The Reverand serves it Ice Cold this time of year!!! I love how you think he has one ounce of decency to him and has your best interests in mind! Just ask the 2,000 pilots he's been screwing for the last decade! You guys are high on dope if you think he cares what happens to you or anyone else! :nuts:

According to B6 Scope RAH can only fly up to 10% of B6 ASM. That won't be very many 190's

Did you even read the 5 documents!?!? B6, jetblue pilots have no scope... The language clearly states that 10% is nothing more than a trigger for a SLI. When we say no we don't want a SLI with RAH your managment will tell you that since you turned it down they can have more than 10%. As well, if you have signed the new adendem you will not be able to join a class action law suit with the rest of the pilots to fight for your flying because well... you signed that right away. Please don't say we have scope.

JETBLUE PILOTS HAVE NO SCOPE.

Sorry but he can't have his cake and eat it too. People are not just dumping money into airlines like they use too. Investment firms are realizing that you can't make money in this business no matter what especially with some ego maniac in the CEO seat! Replace BB and we'll talk, otherwise, not gonna happen, BB must have bought some of our Kool-Aid at that auction, and he's serving it up to you F9 guys in Super Big Gulp cups...you may want to listen to the guys that have worked for him for a while, they've been telling you "Don't trust him" and you guys just keep on ignoring them!

Maybe SW knew what they were doing, run the price up, let him get over his head and run it into the ground, then move in to pick up the pieces...
Nah, as many have said here before, SW has no idea what they are doing, I don't understand how they are still in business, Blah,Blah, Blah!

Good Luck, you guys are gonna need it!

KBB

Don't worry gang. The F9 pilots have no illusion that BB is doing this out of the pure kindness of his heart. His agenda just happens to be aligned with the Frontier group at this time. The IBT blew their chance to embrace the F9 pilots when they temporarily and successfully stole their seniority. That is what made it impossible for us to come together. Now Frontier has to go with the lesser of the 2 evils which is BB if you can even believe it! Who could be worse to align with...the IBT and their seniority stealing minions. Sorry folks. That's the bed you made.

As far as you business minded ERAU grads with the conspiracy theory about SWA running up the price of F9, go do some research and find out that you are uninformed and almost always wrong. Facts generally get in the way of most on here, and outside of your degree in learning to fly airplanes, there is some effort required to come up with an informed position before you spew inaccuracies on a public forum.

Latest resources

Back