• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts at USAirways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe this was already posted, but I thought I'd add it. Just heard from a buddy there who talked to an asst. CP. The 175 West furloughs will be spaced over roughly 9 months. 10 at first then in groups of 30. The first 10 will likely be voluntary because so many guys have better things to do. This all changes if oil drastically goes up or down, either of which could happen.

We all make "sacrifices" Superpilot......I'm not "hoping" to be "brought over"....I can't afford the paycut or the hit in time off.....I am protecting MY job which you don't care about......I care about everyones job but you said yourself it was a mistake that scope was given up so whats wrong with us talking about fixing the mistake? Recapturing scope and mainline jobs, while not good for everyone it is whats best for the industry as a whole.

If you want a job when you get furloughed then take YOUR OWN ADVICE....Apply and take a seat at the bottom of the list.....that was your advice, see your previous posts. Thats why i added it in my post.

This so called union could come up with a better solution....but it won't....

I'm not complaining.......it is those of you who went to "greener pastures" that are whining like babies now that things aren't going your way.....Deal with it you wont see any whining from me. i knew what i was getting into when i decided to move on, just like you knew what you were getting into by staying at a regional. You decided to stay knowing that you would always be at the whim of the company you fly under.....

in all seriousness good luck with your decision and i hope it works out for you.

in all seriousness good luck with your decision and i hope it works out for you.

Good luck to you also....

Some of us didn't think moving on in this environment looked to good....We just don't want mainline pilots trying to bump us down when things don't work out....

You are welcome to come here at the bottom....Just as I can go to your carrier at the bottom....Quid.....

I am happy with my compensation and schedule.....Good luck.....

general/737/degree mill bill,

No need to get your jealous panties in a wad(again). Some day the time will arrive when you can retire and no longer have to sling gear and talk on the radio. When that day arrives you will have plenty of time to attend a real institution of higher learning and earn a real degree(not one they send you in the mail). However I'm sorry to inform you that this time you'll actually have to attend classes as they won't give you credit for "life experience".

6.7 ba ba BILLION!

See ya!

J4J Steven,

No need to get your jealous panties in a wad(again). Some day the time will arrive when you can retire and no longer have to sling gear and talk on the radio. When that day arrives you will have plenty of time to attend a real institution of higher learning and earn a real degree(not one they send you in the mail). However I'm sorry to inform you that this time you'll actually have to attend classes as they won't give you credit for "life experience".

S - S - S - Staple!

See ya!

Oh yeah, your hits keep coming BTW!

Who cares about these bids? All I know is I'll have a sweet line once I come over via J4J. Don't like it TUFF!

....not DOH....but not a pure staple....W2 integration or a double staple....

Actually I realize a single list won't happen...I'm just defending my job....

We have all made sacrifices....not just those of you who moved on to the "real" flying jobs....We all will fight for our jobs....If you want to come back to the regionals when you get furloughed....you can apply and go to the bottom....If I want a "real" mainline job....I will apply and go to the bottom of your list....Deal?

NO Deal.....Maybe we'll just sue like you tried!;)

....We have all made sacrifices....not just those of you who moved on to the "real" flying jobs....We all will fight for our jobs....If you want to come back to the regionals IF~fixed you get furloughed....you can apply and go to the bottom....If I want a "real" mainline job....I will apply and go to the bottom of your list....Deal?

The only way i am going back to a regional is via the flowback option i have here at NWA. Other than that i promise i wont apply to another regional. ;)

The only way i am going back to a regional is via the flowback option i have here at NWA. Other than that i promise i wont apply to another regional. ;)

....as I thought....you guys always want super seniority....No dice here.......

Under the current system we all make choices.....Deal with them.....Don't come back if they don't work out....

The system is screwed up.....but it is what it is....

Thank goodness we don't have that flowback here at ASA......We didn't want it....

....as I thought....you guys always want super seniority....No dice here.......Yes Dice, we have a flow agreement agreed on by all parties.

Under the current system we all make choices.....Deal with them.....Don't come back if they don't work out....Ok i will deal with it if i have to by possibly using the flowback agreement we have here, which by the way played a part in my decision to move on.;)

The system is screwed up.....but it is what it is....

Thank goodness we don't have that flowback here at ASA......We didn't want it. Flowthroughs are good during the good times and good during the bad times depending on who you ask.Eventually there will be more good times. ;)...

Just stating the obvious :cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back