Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Comair news or just incorrect news?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta needs exit financing; SkyWest has cash.

Why would Delta give 131 50 seat crjs to anyone?
They would more likely park them in the desert for good.

Unfortunately, the disparity in pilot compensation is going to be about nil shortly. (The other economics you can argue all day.) Assuming they were similar, explain the benefit to sending such quantities of aircraft away? I don't doubt the threat is good for union busting, but it definetly isn't "the plan" and won't be acted on long term.

Here is my question on sort of a different topic. Does an RFP mean anything? Is it binding at all?

I mean, when they announce the bid/RFP, is that legally binding? I have to think that they have some more paperwork/contracts/signing/lawyering to do to make the various a/c allotments official. Like maybe the RFP annoucement is just a "letter of intent."

I guess what I am getting at is, isn't the RFP just a threat on a piece of paper?

http://origin.sltrib.com/ci_5152069

This month, Delta will shift the flying of 12 Canadair regional jets to SkyWest, The company also is waiting to hear whether Delta will award it another 131 Comair jets.

What?? That is almost the entire fleet. Oh well, at least when I lower the bar by going to Skywest the Delta boys will be more willing to hire me.

This is talking about the 12 planes announced in December. They were slated for Transfer in Feb. There is sw plane parked at gate 70 in cvg right now.

Last edited:
Great intimidation tactic though.

Wonder if Comair/ALPA will cave ?

How could we cave? Comair management is trying to impose paycuts through the bankruptcy court and on top of that they are working on an injunction to block a strike. No caving in here.

I just hope we get to strike. Even if we do liquidate I would love to put our managers out of a job. I bet I could find a new job quicker than they can.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back