Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetwash

Morale sinking at FLOPS

Has anyone else at FLOPS noticed the morale dropping?

It has now been over the 100 days since B.T. sent out the letter stating that they wanted the contract all done. Still things are moving along at a snails pace and it now looks like it won’t happen before the new year.

K.R. came in and said that he will personally take charge and get it done ASAP. But now it looks like that was all just talk. He was hoping to bring up pilot morale and now it ‘s falling faster then the stock market and right before the holiday season.

What are they thinking in CGF?

Last edited:
Has anyone else at FLOPS noticed the moral dropping?

It has now been over the 100 days since B.T. sent out the letter stating that they wanted the contract all done. Still things are moving along at a snails pace and it now looks like it won’t happen before the new year.

K.R. came in and said that he will personally take charge and get it done ASAP. But now it looks like that was all just talk. He was hoping to bring up pilot moral and now it ‘s falling faster then the stock market and right before the holiday season.

I hate to remind you, but there is a big different between "moral" and "morale." I don't want to be the spelling cop.

With regard to morale, I thought Ricci and the new CEO were trying to rejuvenate the once-proud culture at FLOPS? Didn't I just read that all aircraft would have new paint jobs, etc. soon as a way to signal a "new start?" Anyone got a picture of the new paint scheme?

Clearly pay and benefits will have to be improved (to near NJA levels) before people would be happy there. I still remember the days when FLOPS was considered a great place to work (early 2000s) - I almost applied to FLOPS after 9/11.

Last edited:
Has anyone else at FLOPS noticed the morale dropping?

K.R. came in and said that he will personally take charge and get it done ASAP. But now it looks like that was all just talk. He was hoping to bring up pilot morale and now it ‘s falling faster then the stock market and right before the holiday season.

Cue the B19 "I told you so" in three, two, one.....

Who gives a crap about the new paint, still kinda a pig. What a waste, new BJ and another new paint job.

I wanna hear something positive out of NBAA, I wanna hear about new sales. I wanna hear about a new marketing campaign.

then I wanna hear about paint.

Last edited:
...With regard to morale, I thought Ricci and the new CEO were trying to rejuvenate the once-proud culture at FLOPS? Didn't I just read that all aircraft would have new paint jobs, etc. soon as a way to signal a "new start?" ...

Hopefully something will come out before the end of the NBAA convention.

Last edited:
Slow Negotiations

Morale is sinking because negotiations are proceeding so slowly. Ricci came in and said he wanted a solution now(thats Ricci speak for a settlement with no contract). Last weeks negotiations had only Bob Tyler and Joe Kanraid, now that doesn't seem like serious progress to me. Ricci threw a little money at the pilots (meals) and stopped crew rott and it bought him plenty of time to figure out a way to circumvent the union. Acuisition? Etc? He has a plan. I don't care about new paint jobs, I want a contract then everything else will fall into place. Until there is a contract morale will stay low. :(

I don't care about new paint jobs, I want a contract then everything else will fall into place. Until there is a contract morale will stay low. :(

Agreed!!!!

Nothing has changed except a few kind words that don't pay the rent.

I honestly thought that K.R. would get it done before Thanksgiving so that he would have happy pilots flying during the holidays.

It looks like the morale will be the same as last year during Thanksgiving and the downward trend which is increasing, will be at its lowest right during the peak travel time again.

The honeymoon is over.

Latest resources

Back