Moodys revises Jetblue debt to Negative

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
elag777 said:
OMG! A five year interview, no way! how could I have been so blind? and all the payments on the Airbus fleet are due by Friday! Please....

Yet, younever mention ANYTHING about the stupid transcon turns idea, or the E190 rates below some Regional rates. Interesting..........

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Yet, younever mention ANYTHING about the stupid transcon turns idea, or the E190 rates below some Regional rates. Interesting..........

Bye Bye--General Lee

What's interesting is that your statements are mostly based on "hear say" not fact. The trans con "stupid" (your word) idea is a study, nothing more at this point.AMP (Alertness Management Program)
190 rates are skewed as they don't reflect average line credit nor premium pay. There are many variables not being considered.

However I respect your opinions.

AA717driver said:
Just a small correction: APA turned down the Industry Leading contract offered in 2000-2001 because it included "baseball-style arbitration". That's a "winner-take-all" proposition.

There isn't an hourly rate high enough to entice me to agree to give THAT to AMR.TC

Is that what hurt Alaska with their latest "contract"? The arbitrator beat them up pretty bad.

FlyBoeing--There have always been suspect arbitrators--no question about that. AND, the Alaska decision had the effect of "winner-take-all". But to codify that concept in the CBA was too much.

Good luck to the Alaska guys!TC

General Lee said:
Second, GIVE ME A BREAK ABOUT HOW EASY IT WOULD BE TO FLY TRANSCON TURNS. YOU SOUND STUPID. Nobody is strong enough or alert enough to BE AS ALERT AS YOU SHOULD BE when returning to JFK after a LGB turn.

with all due respect, and not saying I agree with transcon turns, but which is worse? A trip that goes JFK-SFO-JFK with say 10 block hours on a 12 hour duty day or a trip that goes ATL-JAX-ATL-DFW-ATL-MSY for say 7.5 hours block in the same 12 hour duty day? Personally, I think I would be more alert after the two leg transcon than at the end of the 5 and 6 leg days I used to fly on the 88.

I think fatigue from flying is cumulative. And over a long period, I think flying hours build up fatigue, partially due to the time in an airplane and partially due to the duty periods associated with getting those hours. I agree with and fully support 30n7 and 100 in a month. But frankly within a 24 hour period I think duty day is much more of a factor than block hours. And the current FAA max duty day is way, way, too long.

michael707767 said:
with all due respect, and not saying I agree with transcon turns, but which is worse? A trip that goes JFK-SFO-JFK with say 10 block hours on a 12 hour duty day or a trip that goes ATL-JAX-ATL-DFW-ATL-MSY for say 7.5 hours block in the same 12 hour duty day? Personally, I think I would be more alert after the two leg transcon than at the end of the 5 and 6 leg days I used to fly on the 88.

Very well said!

I might add, why is it ok to do a comparable turn in a DC-10? Those 5+ leg days with 10+ hours on duty are way more taxing.

michael707767 said:

I think fatigue from flying is cumulative. And over a long period, I think flying hours build up fatigue, partially due to the time in an airplane and partially due to the duty periods associated with getting those hours. I agree with and fully support 30n7 and 100 in a month. But frankly within a 24 hour period I think duty day is much more of a factor than block hours. And the current FAA max duty day is way, way, too long.

So, lets go ahead and have only two pilots going to Europe too from ATL and JFK. Where does it stop? It will stop when we crash a plane. Maybe a 24 hour reserve call would be good too? NO more beer.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
So, lets go ahead and have only two pilots going to Europe too from ATL and JFK. Where does it stop? It will stop when we crash a plane. Maybe a 24 hour reserve call would be good too? NO more beer.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Fear of the unknown or I should say not understood is your only arguement here. I see that it may be due to the fact that you like others feel it would be abused. The point is you know nothing about the study, and should reserve comments for later.
Someone once said:
"It is far better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt!" How true GL....

michael707767 said:

Excellent point. The General thinks this is a good point too, he just can't say it because it is B6's idea. There would be a different tune whistled if ALPA proposed this.

elag777 said:
Fear of the unknown or I should say not understood is your only arguement here. I see that it may be due to the fact that you like others feel it would be abused. The point is you know nothing about the study, and should reserve comments for later.
Someone once said:
"It is far better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt!" How true GL....

Elag777,

Excellent post, and advice several on this board would be well served to take. And for accuracy the quote is below:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Abraham Lincoln
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Latest resources

Back