Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bullsh/t.
SWA just got vnav. I had plenty of jobs that didn't- all the way down the line-

I said this from the beginning- our companies don't like this accident bc it highlights that pilots with flying skill are needed, when they want to move to single pilot ops to no pilot ops. They certainly want to believe we are overpaid for what we do.
Always leading the pack in everything. Pay, benefits, even vnav. Welcome to 1980. Too bad your pay and pay for training mentality never caught up. Keep telling the world you're the smartest guy in the room, at least your man love believes it. ;)

Nope- not me scooter-

I'm a smart guy- but one of thousands of pilots that fit that bill and that's all I care to be

But why call me out? Are you one of the weak-dicks that can't fly anymore too??
;)

Flying is a skill. Any skill that is not practice will degrade over time. No company should try to persuade a pilot not to practice this skill, just as much as no pilot should allow himself/herself to not take the time or energy to click off the automation and had fly once in a while to keep those skill sets at top notch.

But they mis managed the button pushing right? If they had been expert button pushers then the accident would not have happened? So in the company's mindset they need better button pushers to fly the airplane, crappy button pushers didn't work so well.
The ONLY buttons one should be pushing when they find the aircraft in an undesirable and deteriorating state is the autopilot and autothrottle disconnect buttons! It's that simple.

The ONLY buttons one should be pushing when they find the aircraft in an undesirable and deteriorating state is the autopilot and autothrottle disconnect buttons! It's that simple.

Meh. Depends. TOGA works fine in most circumstances. Unless you've allowed it to REALLY deteriorate. If you get to a situation where you must turn the autopilot off (not want to, but must), that's a sign you've let things go way too far.

Meh. Depends. TOGA works fine in most circumstances. Unless you've allowed it to REALLY deteriorate. If you get to a situation where you must turn the autopilot off (not want to, but must), that's a sign you've let things go way too far.
TOGA is an autopilot disconnect button in every transport category airplane I've ever flown.

TOGA is an autopilot disconnect button in every transport category airplane I've ever flown.

That must be an impressive list of transport category airplanes Howard.

The 747, 787, 777, 767, 757 and 737 are all capable of TOGA whilst coupled to the autopilot. In other words, when you press TOGA the autopilot stays on. I know, I know; It doesn't stay on when you you press TOGA in a Southwest 737.

Latest resources

Back