Mokulele Airlines Begins Interisland Jet Service

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So.....

Currently all Mokulele flights to Maui, Molokai and Lanai and are handled by the company’s charter service on Cessna Grand Caravans, a prop-type plane that seats up to nine passengers.

Andrew may be reached at [email protected] or ph. 591-4263.
Story Updated: Nov 19, 2008 at 6:26 PM HST
http://www.khon2.com/news/local/34785834.html

So Mokulele mainline handles the caravan flights to maui, molokai, and lanai, while contractors handle the mokulele connection flights to lihue and kona? What has this industry come to? Do mokulele pilots have no scope whatsoever? why do people invest their working years in a company that is so flippant with their futures? It will never get better until management one day thinks, "well can't do that because there is no way the pilots will go for that...."
right now, it's anything goes and pilots let their companies subcontract out to the cheapest bidder without recourse. Ditto for Midwest! There are some Midwest pilots showing up for work despite the travesty that takes place. I would have thought that the day after the announcement was made, midwest would have come to a ground stop, but I guess apathy and fear are too strong of emotions.

So Mokulele mainline handles the caravan flights to maui, molokai, and lanai, while contractors handle the mokulele connection flights to lihue and kona? What has this industry come to? Do mokulele pilots have no scope whatsoever? why do people invest their working years in a company that is so flippant with their futures? It will never get better until management one day thinks, "well can't do that because there is no way the pilots will go for that...."
right now, it's anything goes and pilots let their companies subcontract out to the cheapest bidder without recourse. Ditto for Midwest! There are some Midwest pilots showing up for work despite the travesty that takes place. I would have thought that the day after the announcement was made, midwest would have come to a ground stop, but I guess apathy and fear are too strong of emotions.

I see you have a lot of LUV spread about...which leads me to believe you work for Southwest. Doesn't Southwest use Westjet and now some Mexican airline now?.....why don't you stop going to work until that flying is yours?

Does anybody else find the image of a bunch of C208 pilots sitting around late into the night getting drunk on mai-tais and formulating plans to scope out 76 seat jets strange and amusing? They have no leverage, they'd be gone in a heartbeat and replaced by other bright eyed pilots looking to make their dream come true. I'm really not trying to flame you, just trying to understand you and your hypocrisy. Judging by your screen name you're at Southwest. You come here and advocate pilots taking a stand yet work at an extremely predatory company that has clearly impacted the lives of many at other companies for worse. Is the only time to be outraged when a company is flippant with its own and not another's employees? I'm looking but just don't see the distinction. All I see here is a bunch of folks upset at free-market capitalism and the fact it's not representing their best interests at the moment.

Last edited:
Maybe Mokulele has no leverage, but.....

Does anybody else find the image of a bunch of C208 pilots sitting around late into the night getting drunk on mai-tais and formulating plans to scope out 76 seat jets strange and amusing? They have no leverage, they'd be gone in a heartbeat and replaced by other bright eyed pilots looking to make their dream come true. I'm really not trying to flame you, just trying to understand you and your hypocrisy. Judging by your screen name you're at Southwest. You come here and advocate pilots taking a stand yet work at an extremely predatory company that has clearly impacted the lives of many at other companies for worse. Is the only time to be outraged when a company is flippant with its own and not another's employees? I'm looking but just don't see the distinction. All I see here is a bunch of folks upset at free-market capitalism and the fact it's not representing their best interests at the moment.

Maybe Mokulele pilots have no leverage and are easily relplaced, but what if on day two of the announcement the Midwest pilots were being replaced, what if they said syonara to Midwest, why facilitate the orderly transfer of their companies name to a subcontractor. It's not about capitalism if the company says you'll all be replaced by cheaper labor but I need you to stay for a few months to train the replacements and fill in the gaps then bye! They are getting replaced anyway, better sooner than later in my book.

I thought we were told the agreement was for up to four aircarft. This article implies a maximum of 6 aircraft. I am all for some extra flying, but this is the first time I have heard of this many airplanes flying in Hawaii.

I think more service is supposed to added Nov. 25th. I was perusing the website and found some additional flights being added on that date.

I have to laugh at how the carriers differentiate themselves. One says it's a 'low cost airline' one is 'Hawaiian' and one is 'luxury' airline. There's only one problem - they all have the same fares, they hire mostly local people and their seat pitch and width are within an inch of each other. In fact, Mokulele's "widest" seat width is 1/4 inch wider than HAL. Who picks an airline for 1/4 inch?

My ex wife would!!!

Latest resources

Back