• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

MMSD Handlers

ksu_aviator

GO CATS
Total Time
I went to Cabo for spring break and used ICCS. That was a disaster. Anyone have a better handler they can recomend?

skier17

Total Time
We just used ICCS down there a month ago and everything went pretty smooth. Plus our handler was pretty hot! What happened to you guys?

fisherpilot

Total Time
~5000
When I was there last we used ICCS and they were great. It was an older gentleman that took care of us. We have used them at other Mexico locations and have always had good luck

ultrarunner

Total Time
Ernesto is the man...never had a problem in several years....the key is to make sure your handling company in the US, i.e., Univ, AirRout, etc...is doing their follow-up. But make not mistake, ICCS has done a great job when they get the message....

stupidpilot

Registered Moron
Total Time
Alot
We didn't use ICCS. We used ASMCorp they were excellent.

SabreFlyR

Total Time
I have been using one of the fbo employees for almost 4 years with zero problems. In fact all we (paxs incl) do is walk through the fbo to the car and head out, no green/red light games.

ableone

Total Time
Handlers! For an airport like MMSD? Has it gotten that sissified out there?

We used to fly cargo and air ambulance missions to Los Nowhere in the middle of the night without handlers. Does someone else file your flightplan too?

moonlight

Flyin' to fund my fishin'
Total Time
Call the FBO and ask for Victor, Adrian, or Edgar. Any one of them will do a great job for you. If you call a handling service, it's one of these guys they'll likely call anyway. Been using 'em for years. They're all good.

ksu_aviator

GO CATS
Total Time
We just used ICCS down there a month ago and everything went pretty smooth. Plus our handler was pretty hot! What happened to you guys?

We couldn't get fuel for nearly 5 hours. Left an hour late because of that. Then, they billed us for double what we ordered and they refuse to refund the money even though I sent them a copy of the ASA receipt that I signed that said I only took 1600 liters. Our handler lost our single entry permit, so I had to get another while I filed my own flight plan because I never saw the handler after 10 am (we left at 3pm). The flight plan didn't go through because the handler didn't sign off on it (which I don't understand). The entire trip home was a disaster and it all goes right back to ICCS. I'm done with them.

ksu_aviator

GO CATS
Total Time

We used to fly cargo and air ambulance missions to Los Nowhere in the middle of the night without handlers. Does someone else file your flightplan too?

Hey, thanks for the mature response. That was really appreciated.

Just so you understand, the owner's last pilot dicked up a flight to Mexico once and so the owner requires a handler. No skin off my teeth, they are supposed to make my life easier.

But, hey, if you have some more of your pattented mature responses and self-righteous indignation, I'd love to hear it. It really is helpful. Very constructive.

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time

Wow, so you are an aviation God arent you. I bet you walk back and forth to the airport uphill both ways in the snow everyday too. How can we all be more like you?

brokeflyer

Total Time
you gotta grease those fellas down there......$100 cash goes a long way to getting your way in mexico....Ill tip $50 and I dont have to do anything.

no problems there so far.

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Total Time
11K+
Four Benjamins usually insures a smooth transition down there with adequate advance contact by our Flight Coordinator. Yeah, I am sisified Abelone. :)

Last edited:

Daveman

Total Time
Four Benjamins usually insures a smooth transition down there with adequate advance contact by our Flight Coordinator. Yeah, I am sisified Abelone. :)

Count me too.......I'm sisfied!:rolleyes:

Cash is King, KSU A. Hope you didn't d!ck up this trip and not bring dinero for bribes.?

ghostrider64

Total Time
many
Did you tip the Handler?

If not that's why you got hosed. My guess is you don't go down there often and the Handlers know it. First thing out of your pocket shouldn't be a passport, it should be $50-$100 and you'll get excellent service. Which is what that tip is paying for....