MMSD Handlers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you tip the Handler?

If not that's why you got hosed. My guess is you don't go down there often and the Handlers know it. First thing out of your pocket shouldn't be a passport, it should be $50-$100 and you'll get excellent service. Which is what that tip is paying for....

Screw that. I haven't tipped a handler more than $20 bucks in 4+ years. And that was split between 4 guys hauling bags in the lobby for us. I dont understand why ppl tip the handlers so much. We are already paying like $1500 (price varies with aircraft type, duration and number of pax) for them. They greet the airplane, consolidate the paper work (landing fee, immigration fee, permit, ect.), file your flight plan, and do a nice job streamlining/expediting the whole process for you and your pax....esp you. Pretty sweet deal.....for a price. YOU'VE ALREADY PAID THEM TO DO THAT! I tip $5. Thats the standard. It doesn't matter what part of North America I'm in. It's like guys are trying to bribe them or something. If the rampers in MX do a good job I give 'em 5 dollars. If line guys in Fresno friggin CA do a good job helpin out...5 bones. If someone really goes above and beyond their job desciption I'll do more.

BTW, ICCS is to provide transportation to/from hotel. Tipping the driver is optional, THEY'VE ALREADY PAID HIM. Ran into a captain the other day that didn't know that. He was also saying what a ripoff ICCS was.....I agree.

Hey, thanks for the mature response. That was really appreciated.

Just so you understand, the owner's last pilot dicked up a flight to Mexico once and so the owner requires a handler. No skin off my teeth, they are supposed to make my life easier.

But, hey, if you have some more of your pattented mature responses and self-righteous indignation, I'd love to hear it. It really is helpful. Very constructive.

Take it easy Francis.

Screw that. I haven't tipped a handler more than $20 bucks in 4+ years. And that was split between 4 guys hauling bags in the lobby for us. I dont understand why ppl tip the handlers so much. We are already paying like $1500 (price varies with aircraft type, duration and number of pax) for them. They greet the airplane, consolidate the paper work (landing fee, immigration fee, permit, ect.), file your flight plan, and do a nice job streamlining/expediting the whole process for you and your pax....esp you. Pretty sweet deal.....for a price. YOU'VE ALREADY PAID THEM TO DO THAT! I tip $5. Thats the standard. It doesn't matter what part of North America I'm in. It's like guys are trying to bribe them or something. If the rampers in MX do a good job I give 'em 5 dollars. If line guys in Fresno friggin CA do a good job helpin out...5 bones. If someone really goes above and beyond their job desciption I'll do more.

BTW, ICCS is to provide transportation to/from hotel. Tipping the driver is optional, THEY'VE ALREADY PAID HIM. Ran into a captain the other day that didn't know that. He was also saying what a ripoff ICCS was.....I agree.

Good stuff, but how do you tip the handler if you can't find him?

We use to use MMSL, but we where paying the rental car company to drive cars over from MMSD and then they would drive an hour back over to a rental mansion near MMSD so it seemed pointless. Maybe we'll look into going back to MMSL.

Latest resources

Back