• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MKE Incident... first it was Pinnacle, now it's Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think United is pushing for this, I think its a great idea to paint the whole airplane. You want someone else to fly a 76 seat jet then mainline? Make them paint the plane and pay for their own fuel.

Ok, regionals will just increase their costs to cover the fuel. Duh.

one could also blame the pos runway (if it was 25L) that is so rough it feels like you're offroading, especially around the intersection...

one could also blame the pos runway (if it was 25L) that is so rough it feels like you're offroading, especially around the intersection...

Yeah, becaue the runway is what caused the overly excessive sink rate :rolleyes:.

And I like some of the XJ guys already talkin about how it was a gear strut problem. You should replace the NTSB, it seems they have no reason to exist anymore.

Yeah, becaue the runway is what caused the overly excessive sink rate :rolleyes:.

And I like some of the XJ guys already talkin about how it was a gear strut problem. You should replace the NTSB, it seems they have no reason to exist anymore.

And where did you get the idea of the excessive sink rate? You should just can it until all the facts are out. I love how fellow pilots are always the quickest to blame other pilots. You should be an aviation expert for CNN. :rolleyes:

hard landing is caused by either a) ground rising rapidly or b) airplane sinking rapidly If you disagree with one choose the other.

This very aircraft had a strut problem in JFK earlier that night and was written up due a vibration during taxi. Lets not jump the gun on excessive sink rate just yet!

Sounds like because a tire was blown the media reports it as hard landing!

hard landing is caused by either a) ground rising rapidly or b) airplane sinking rapidly If you disagree with one choose the other.

To a pilot, yes. To the news outlet that reported this, anything goes wrong on a landing and it is a hard landing. Whether it is true or not, I don't know, but it sounds like this strut was written up previously and fixed by 9E maintenence (which hasn't been integrated yet) in JFK.

As another poster stated, it's one thing to have a gear malfunction on landing (who knows why yet), and it is completely different to know about a problem (off the pavement) and completely ignore it and taxi to the gate.

Flyer, you have issues. Is there a reason you can't just accept the merger and move on? Why haven't you found a faster upgrade at another regional yet? We are all together now. It's time to start acting like it.

Latest resources

Back