Milian MXP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G100driver

Any suggetions beside going to Linate for before operating here?

Once we get there any sggestions for killing time? We are stay at the Hilton downtown.

Thanks in advance.

hey g100 the hilton is very nice there.

Walk out your front door and take a left to central station at the subway station.

Take the green line 3 stops to laza sp? They have a ton of restaraunts and pubs italian and a bunch of othr fare. English pubs and all.

Diesel said:
hey g100 the hilton is very nice there.

Walk out your front door and take a left to central station at the subway station.

Take the green line 3 stops to laza sp? They have a ton of restaraunts and pubs italian and a bunch of othr fare. English pubs and all.
Thanks ... That will be great if I can get outta Bern. :eek:

I would rather go to Linate out of ease, but boss wants to go to MXP. Might be a bit of a goat rope. Want any info on parking SOP ect. Thanks :)

ok... i get it now...sorry i have only been to linate. but the big mall next to cathedral (i know i just described every euro city) has some good eats and views. bought a nice tie there a few weeks ago for 18.:)

found this:

Date: 06/2004Region: EUR(V)Country: ItalyCity: MilanICAO: LIMCAirport Name: MalpensaAircraft: GLEXFeedback: Arranged handling directly with Universal Italy, Rosalia Brambilla. ATIS indicated landing 35R. Multiple published speed restrictions. Note “Landing After” procedure. During arrival from West, vectored off STAR. Approach asked whether we could accept 35L. Cleared direct to a fix, then cleared for approach via transition. Exited at B, deplaned pax at GAT, D17. Repositioned to “NP” on cargo ramp. (Between “N” & “P” taxiways.) Hotel Villa Malpensa (4 star), 5 mins from airport. Nice restaurant, pool, grounds. Supermarket 15 mins away by taxi. Malpensa Express runs from airport to downtown Milan, 40 mins. Requested fuel to be invoiced thru World Fuel but were told it was “difficult.” Used UVair. Clearence Delivery is “Cpt.” Can call prior to being ready to taxi. No slot constraint for flight to Genoa. Cleared to taxi via “N, K, WB.” Departure to Genova via Farak6C. Note DP is comprised of two charts. Once airborne, vectored downrange. Arrival from Genova. Filed via Voghera 1A. Cleared direct Novara and ILS 35R. Exited at D, taxi via A, M, hold short of C for traffic. Parked at D17 for pax pickup. For departure to Venice, cleared via Farak6C, Oskor8U. Taxied via B, M, C, Link7, C, GE to 35L. Overall, ops at Malpensa were straight-forward. Very good Air Traffic handling and controllers relatively easy to understand. Excellent flight support by Rosi and her team at Univeral Italy, SRL

Last edited:
and this:

Date: 09/2002
Region: Country: ITALY City: Milan
ICAO: LIMC Airport Name: Aircraft: Gulfstream IV
Feedback: Universal was our handler, and we worked with Rosaria Brambilla. They can be contacted on VHF 131.55. Rosaria was extremely helpful. She is very organzied and works well with both passengers and crew.|Land on runway-35L,roll out to the end and turn left at taxiway GS . GS leads into the general aviation ramp area.

Date: 08/2002
Region: Country: ITALY City: Milan
ICAO: LIMC Airport Name: Aircraft: Falcon 900
Feedback: GS Ramp is very small. All aircraft must be ground handling into ramp doubt is Global will fit on ramp . Restricted on Taxiway W - 75 feet. Service is a mixture of people from Linate and Malpensa. Ride from the airport to Marriott is 25 minutes at 9:00 pm and also at 5:00 am. Linate is between Malpensa and Marriott.

Thanks. I here it is pretty straightforward and easy. Some say easier than Linate EXCEPT the pax have to go to the terminal.

Been a couple of years since I was in there, and the only things that stand out in my memory are several big speed changes inbound, a little fiddling around on the small ramp, and getting a revised clearance after being cleared for immediate takeoff on departure. Pax through terminal, as you already know. We go to Linate now, which I don't think is really any better, just different.
The Hilton's pretty nice, and it's about a hundred yards from the subway terminal, for easy access around the city.
Catch 'The Last Supper' for a little culture (or if you just want something to tell your grandkids about) and the covered mall by the big cathedral is a decent place to graze.

gern_blanston said:
Catch 'The Last Supper' for a little culture (or if you just want something to tell your grandkids about) .
FYI- when i was there last the tickets to view the "Last Supper" had to be purchased a couple months in advance.:)

Latest resources

Back