• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest ungetting new aircrafts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We aren't really shrinking here. At least not yet. No loss of airframes has been announced, and we're only reducing ASMs by 5% compared to last September. We're holding steady rather than shrinking at this point.

but future growth is being severely limited by selling the a/c and going to the back of the delivery line. i hope you do stay steady and not park any airplanes, although rumors are flying about them dumping 717's.

Based on what I'm hearing from guys on the line, every remaining pilot would burn the place to the ground if the probies are fired. They won't go through with it. They know that they can't win that battle.

good to hear. i have a couple of good friends on probation over there.

Line pilots that get awarded training dept positions. You know, the guys that should have been doing it all along so we don't have to hear constantly "back in 1975 on the -9......"

I see. Is there an agreement or understanding that addresses furloughs and that the crusties will be gone?

I see. Is there an agreement or understanding that addresses furloughs and that the crusties will be gone?

my understanding is it is in the contract that those in the training department go before any furloughs.

CitationLover is correct. The reduction in force language in the CBA requires any non-seniority pilots to be laid off before a single seniority list pilot is furloughed. That includes sim instructors, ground instructors, maintenance ferry pilots, etc... Basically, anyone employed in any sort of pilot position that doesn't have a seniority number has to go first.

CitationLover is correct. The reduction in force language in the CBA requires any non-seniority pilots to be laid off before a single seniority list pilot is furloughed. That includes sim instructors, ground instructors, maintenance ferry pilots, etc... Basically, anyone employed in any sort of pilot position that doesn't have a seniority number has to go first.

Sounds like you have the company dead to rights on that one. How are they justifying violating that section of the CBA?

Sounds like you have the company dead to rights on that one. How are they justifying violating that section of the CBA?

They aren't talking about violating that section, they're talking about getting an LOA for relief on that section. They've basically threatened to terminate all probie pilots if the NPA doesn't give them relief on requiring the crusties to go first. In my opinion, it's a just a big bluff. They know they can't actually get away with it, but they'll try to get as much as they can from just bluffing.

They don't like that section of the contract...

Then they can meet us at the negotiating table - and bring the check book...

OBTW - No Pref Bidding either. I don't trust the company, planning or scheduling. They will screw us at every turn if we go for PBS.

Amen, brother!

Then they can meet us at the negotiating table - and bring the check book...

OBTW - No Pref Bidding either. I don't trust the company, planning or scheduling. They will screw us at every turn if we go for PBS.

Agreed, and no LOA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back