• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest ungetting new aircrafts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our Midwest spokesman just said in the local new that there are no plans to increase the # of 717 fleet, so no worry PCL

Did he give any indications about other possible fleet replacements, or are they just saying that you'll be a 25 airplane fleet? I just can't see how it makes sense to have a fleet that small.

Hey, look at the bright side, at least Timmy finally realized where the camera was at the very end...all joking aside best of luck to all of us right now!

Did he give any indications about other possible fleet replacements, or are they just saying that you'll be a 25 airplane fleet? I just can't see how it makes sense to have a fleet that small.

It doesn't. Like fam62c said earlier, if 37 aircraft can't cut it, there's no way 25 will. They'll make Tim show up again in January to announce that 25 isn't cutting it, file for bankruptcy, and shut it down. Northwest will take what it wants (gates and slots) and can the rest.

I still don't get the strategy, though. There's no way that NWA will get most of the gates. Their entire strategy was to keep competition out of MKE. If they bankrupt MEH, then competition will flood MKE. The DOT/DOJ will never let them have a monopoly on the gates/slots after a bankruptcy.

Good Luck to you all at MEH.

as NWA is assimilated by DAL maybe the plan is to ingest MEH and prevent another airline CH11.

...who knows....

Good Luck to you all at MEH.

as NWA is assimilated by DAL maybe the plan is to ingest MEH and prevent another airline CH11.

...who knows....

I don't know about you but when I ingest something, the end result usually doesn't smell very good. :(

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back