• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest ungetting new aircrafts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have 12 md80's, we own like 5 or 6 of them, we will know the exact details next week.

So who's hiring again?

So glad Midwest kept that Evil Airtran from coming into MKE!!! Oh wait, I wonder is Airtran will now grow even more out of here since they have airplanes that can actually fly to LA and Florida.

I don't think we'll be doing any growing for the foreseeable future. That being said, I still say that both of our groups would have been better off if the merger had gone through.

Wow, that news will do wonders for Midwest's future bookings. As long as AirTran doesn't announce any service cuts out of MKE this should work in their favor. Given the seating in the MD-80's Vs. the 88 seat 717's that's like, what, a 40% ASM decrease for Midwest? I think we're going to see a Chapter 11 filing (and probably a liquidation) to get out from under MD-80 leases, DO-328 leases, unwanted facilities/equipment leases, labor agreements, etc. There's simply WAY too much overhead for a 25 airplane outfit to afford. In short order TPG will be spending more cash out of pocket to fund losses than Midwest is worth if they haven't already. Unless TPG enjoys throwing cash into the fire they will have to abandon ship sooner or later. If they keep digging the hole will just get deeper.

NWA will pick up the routes the 80's fly.. Midwest will be NWA new regional carrier...

Speaking of our kindred regional spirits, I read in another post that they are parking 2 Midwest blue planes. Confirmation, anyone?

one can only hope so, that's the fleet that should be parked, not the 80's.

Latest resources

Back