Midwest looking for 50 seat A/C

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
think again mcpickle... assumption is the mother of all F*&k Ups

Word is a decision will be final in Sept.

Does AWAC have financed airframes sitting around somewhere that they could use for this? Wouldn't they either need to acquire some ex Indy planes that are sitting in the desert or transfer airframes from the USAirways Express operation?

That's really the only benefit I could see that Expressjet has going for it....the airframes and flight crews will be readily available by the end of 1Q07. Expressjet should also be making someone a fairly good deal, as they will be in dire straits if they don't find a home for those airplanes within the next few months.

Admittedly, this CEO deal looks good for AWAC, but it's all just speculation obviously.

Alchemy said:
Does AWAC have financed airframes sitting around somewhere that they could use for this? Wouldn't they either need to acquire some ex Indy planes that are sitting in the desert or transfer airframes from the USAirways Express operation?

considering they sold something like $200mil in us air stock over the past few months they could just outright BUY the suckers...

if you've been to CKB lately you'll see that there are a bunch of -200's laying around.

Question? How does AWAC benefit from picking up Skyways CEO, as far as the MIDEX flying is concerned? Plus our CEO came from CAL and Look where that got us. I guess we will know soon enough though. Good luck to us all in this industry.

The only thing i can say about express jet and the 69 planes, is that they wont be flying in midwest colors any time soon. Express jets cost are way to high to win any more bids

Latest resources

Back