Midwest Air's answer to my friends email about RAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
very little, very obscure.

Actually their commuter is Midwest Connect and Midwest Express was the original name of the airline until 2003 when it was changed to just MIDWEST Airlines because the flying public thought the word express was just that.... An express carrier.

There's some irony in that.

What is Midwest's contract language regarding Scope and Codeshares. I know ALPA lost the grievance, but I am curious what the language says?

it was ALPA's standard scope clause for a late 90's contract.

B. Scope
1. Except as otherwise provided for in this Agreement, all commercial flight
operations (whether revenue, non-revenue, scheduled or non-scheduled)
conducted by the Company will be flown by pilots whose names appear
on the Midwest Airlines, Inc., Pilot System Seniority List.
2. Notwithstanding Paragraph 1 above, the Company may utilize pilots not
on the Midwest Airlines, Inc., Pilot System Seniority List to perform non-
revenue flying such as aircraft delivery, ferry, and maintenance test
flights.

then the next section is the TRUE violation. they subcontracted the flying and parked the 80's due to "high fuel prices", while playing hardball with boeing, on the advice of seabury henchman, and lost.

C. Subcontracting
1. The Company may engage in subcontracted flying under the following
circumstances: Subcontracting may be engaged in for periods not in
excess of one hundred eighty (180) days per occurrence during the term of
this Agreement when:
a. such subcontracting is necessary to accomplish the needs of the
service of the Company, and
b. the Company determines that it does not have sufficient or
appropriate aircraft, or sufficient or appropriately trained Pilots
available to perform the subcontracted flying, and
c. the Company does not furlough or displace any Pilot as a direct
result of such engagement in subcontracted flying.

2. It is understood and agreed that nothing in Paragraph C.1 will prevent the
Company from furloughing or displacing Pilots for economic reasons
independent of or unrelated to its engagement in subcontracted flying.
3. Subcontracted flying shall not include any flying performed by another
carrier whereby the other carrier transports passengers pursuant to a code-
share agreement, a marketing agreement, an interline agreement, a pro-rate
agreement or a block-space agreement, and there shall be no contractual
restrictions on such flying or on any other flying performed pursuant to
any other marketing or alliance agreement or arrangement.
4. Notwithstanding Paragraph C.1. above, in the event the Company engages
in subcontracting solely due to circumstances over which the Company
does not have control, it may engage in the subcontracted flying for a time
not to exceed twelve (12) months.
Circumstances beyond the Company’s
control shall include: an act of nature; a labor dispute; grounding of a
substantial number of the Company’s aircraft by a government agency or a
court; a shortage or unavailability of flight simulator time; loss or
destruction of the Company’s aircraft; involuntary reduction in flying
operations due to either a decrease in available fuel supply or other critical
materials for the Company’s operation
; revocation of the Company’s
operating certificate(s); war emergency; or owner’s or manufacturer’s
delay in the delivery of aircraft scheduled for delivery.

I think airplanes are a critical material for an airline to run!

Just posted elsewhere...

Date: June 1, 2009
To: All RAH Flight Crews
Re: New MKE EMB 190 Base

Republic Airways announces a new EMB 190 crew base will open August 1, 2009 in MKE. It is anticipated that this base will fly Midwest trips only and initially will be 1 and 2 day trips.

The effective date of this bid is September 1, 2009 but we expect to open MKE August 1, 2009 when our first EMB 190 goes into service. We anticipate beginning training for the positions in July.

Please keep in mind that the EMB 190 aircraft may require initial, bridge or other training as required. The initial aircraft will be delivered in a 94 seat configuration and therefore Captains will be paid based on the Captain 79-99 seat rate.

Please do not bid this position if you are unable or unwilling to accept an award!

MKE EMB 190 Republic Airline

The company is posting 10 Captain and 10 First Officer EMB 190 positions. Bids will be accepted until 1700 hours on the closing date. If interested, please update your vacancy bid in Flica. To correctly bid and to be considered for this position, please bid for MKE 190 CA or FO in Flica under Vacancy.

Vacancies will be awarded in order of seniority using standing bids on file as of the date bidding is closed. Vacancies caused by filling this primary award will be awarded using the standing bids on file as of the date bidding is closed. Not all vacancies created by this bid award may be filled.

Please use Flica to bid. Pilot Bid closes 1700 hours on June 8, 2009.

Date: 6/1/2009

I am sure there are plenty of RAH boys jumping for joy about this.

then the next section is the TRUE violation.

Nope. Different fight numbers and 'Connect' on the side. It's a codeshare. If it wasn't, Midwest ALPA should have put a grievance up back in '02 when Skyway was 'subcontracted' to do such destinations as RDU, MSN, and ATW (the 328 was the 9 'replacement). All they did was put a 2 in front of the original flight numbers. That grievance would have saved a lot of trouble now.

Apparently my last post ruffled some feathers. My GLG20 decoder ring could not break the mighty BB crypto email, but it helps when a REAL RAH employee posts the email on ANOTHER website. I just know the mods frown upon linking to outside web boards. Note the first line of said inflammatory post "Just posted elsewhere..."

I am but a citizen-pilot who is deeply concerned with the demise of my chosen profession and a once, great company. If the truth (i.e., your precious company email) hurts, suck it up.

I believe another RAH-er wrote on a related thread "This is the way the industry is going. So you can either lead, follow, or get out of the way." I know it's a myth, but seems appropriate in this instance.

205px-Tunturisopuli_Lemmus_Lemmus.jpg

Don't be one of these little creatures with that attitude. It might just lead you (and the rest of the profession) off a cliff. Can I get a "Hoah!"

I am sure there are plenty of RAH boys jumping for joy about this.

Of course they are. That's why I find it a bit disingenuous when RAH guys protest that "we don't like it."

Just posted elsewhere...

Date: June 1, 2009
To: All RAH Flight Crews
Re: New MKE EMB 190 Base

Republic Airways announces a new EMB 190 crew base will open August 1, 2009 in MKE. It is anticipated that this base will fly Midwest trips only and initially will be 1 and 2 day trips.

The effective date of this bid is September 1, 2009 but we expect to open MKE August 1, 2009 when our first EMB 190 goes into service. We anticipate beginning training for the positions in July.

Please keep in mind that the EMB 190 aircraft may require initial, bridge or other training as required. The initial aircraft will be delivered in a 94 seat configuration and therefore Captains will be paid based on the Captain 79-99 seat rate.

Please do not bid this position if you are unable or unwilling to accept an award!

MKE EMB 190 Republic Airline

The company is posting 10 Captain and 10 First Officer EMB 190 positions. Bids will be accepted until 1700 hours on the closing date. If interested, please update your vacancy bid in Flica. To correctly bid and to be considered for this position, please bid for MKE 190 CA or FO in Flica under Vacancy.

Vacancies will be awarded in order of seniority using standing bids on file as of the date bidding is closed. Vacancies caused by filling this primary award will be awarded using the standing bids on file as of the date bidding is closed. Not all vacancies created by this bid award may be filled.

Please use Flica to bid. Pilot Bid closes 1700 hours on June 8, 2009.

Date: 6/1/2009

I hope all those snot nose little douchbags at Republic see the other end of downsizing at some point.....

Latest resources

Back