• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with you USARET, the fact is non of us has any control of what will take place, so all we can do is hope for the best, our MEC was very positive after the first meeting, so will see what the outcome of this meeting.

As far as new hires, I know we need at least 20 in the first quarter, all might be going to the 80.

I am hoping at least a good portion of new hires come from Skyway to protect as many pilot jobs just in case the deal go through and Airtran management decide to do away with Skyway which is very likely, remember the Airwilly deal?

[USARET]It doesn't take insider info to see that an attempted takeover is underway. If you haven't even considered the possibility that it may happen and what the ramifications to your career would be if it does, then you are being short sighted to say the least. Regardless of what "the locals" may say, Wall street and most other industry analysts see this deal eventually happening. How this will effect a new hire at Midex I can't say for sure but it's something to consider. Midex pilot union officials are in attendance at the Airtran pilot's union BOD meeting today, obviously they are thinking about it. Best of luck to ya.

I do agree with both of you...there is nothing any of us can do about it. as i was told, it is better to be on the midex side of the fence than over at syx just for that fact. Im just enjoying everyone's take on this. some seem to think they know exactly what is going to happen and that is amusing. I would be in a better situation in either case. we will know when it happens!

Last edited:
The quickest and cheapest way to get the 50 seat in the market (to start April 07) is to farm out the flying to Skywest, this way the company have a fixed cost to work with going onto 07.

Said that, I am in no way for taking flying away from my brothers at Skyway.

The company is also adding 2 FRJ and still keeping few turpoprops for few years to come. I personally think Skyway future will be unkown in Airtran's mgt hands.

Just my .02c

ditto that!

The stock closed today at $12.10, up 5.68%, and $12.36 in after hours trading, something must be happening, it can't be just the fuel prices because this is a big gain compared to other airlines, I think we are going to have some good news tomorrow, and I think we are either going to see positive numbers for the 4th quarter and the year, or it could be a positive Goldman Sacks report.

AirTran

So, do you have to know people at AirTran these days to get an interview, or would they feel sorry for us Skyway pilots? :)

"The quickest and cheapest way to get the 50 seat in the market (to start April 07) is to farm out the flying to Skywest, this way the company have a fixed cost to work with going onto 07.

Said that, I am in no way for taking flying away from my brothers at Skyway."

The RFP went from concept to reality in 6 months, a little quick for a company that gives everything exsessive due diligence don't you think? Just a bit out of character? Unless the true goal was to make the whole company less attractive to the suitor (Leonard gave a negative opinion regarding the RFP). Throw on top 2 more MD's, which of course they are trying to replace?????

Please dont think I am in favor of the merger, I am not. Just my little consiracy theory

Last edited:
Mid Ex will get aquired by AirTran.... I'll bet an ol swill on it... !

Its gonna go like this: 'we dont want you.. we're worth more.. well maybe.. well hmmm well...Ok!' Just classic biz school bs... .. Timmy will take his dough and leave.. Thats why they hired the fancy east coast firm.. to figure how many bags of dough they should bargain for.

Just look at the USAir/Delta deal...

Folks.. this deal will be good for all the employees of both companies in the long term. Just a reality.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back