• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's just a matter of dickering.. it will happen folks..

I think it's just a matter of dickering.. it will happen folks..

and yet another insider! so what are the winning #s for the wed powerball?:D

and yet another insider! so what are the winning #s for the wed powerball?:D

It doesn't take insider info to see that an attempted takeover is underway. If you haven't even considered the possibility that it may happen and what the ramifications to your career would be if it does, then you are being short sighted to say the least. Regardless of what "the locals" may say, Wall street and most other industry analysts see this deal eventually happening. How this will effect a new hire at Midex I can't say for sure but it's something to consider. Midex pilot union officials are in attendance at the Airtran pilot's union BOD meeting today, obviously they are thinking about it. Best of luck to ya.

It doesn't take insider info to see that an attempted takeover is underway. If you haven't even considered the possibility that it may happen and what the ramifications to your career would be if it does, then you are being short sighted to say the least. Regardless of what "the locals" may say, Wall street and most other industry analysts see this deal eventually happening. How this will effect a new hire at Midex I can't say for sure but it's something to consider. Midex pilot union officials are in attendance at the Airtran pilot's union BOD meeting today, obviously they are thinking about it. Best of luck to ya.

I agree with you USARET, the fact is non of us has any control of what will take place, so all we can do is hope for the best, our MEC was very positive after the first meeting, so will see what the outcome of this meeting.

As far as new hires, I know we need at least 20 in the first quarter, all might be going to the 80.

I am hoping at least a good portion of new hires come from Skyway to protect as many pilot jobs just in case the deal go through and Airtran management decide to do away with Skyway which is very likely, remember the Airwilly deal?

Skyway, uncle tim's red headed step biatches.

It sounds like your own MGT is doing away with Skyway, with this new Skywest contract. I think they should be more worried about that then AirTran MGT.

It sounds like your own MGT is doing away with Skyway, with this new Skywest contract. I think they should be more worried about that then AirTran MGT.

I have to disagree with you, Midwest Air Group needed 50 seat a/c for some time now (actually we even had an order for the EMB 145/135), but due to our bad performance in the last few years we were unable to do it.

The quickest and cheapest way to get the 50 seat in the market (to start April 07) is to farm out the flying to Skywest, this way the company have a fixed cost to work with going onto 07.

Said that, I am in no way for taking flying away from my brothers at Skyway.

The company is also adding 2 FRJ and still keeping few turpoprops for few years to come. I personally think Skyway future will be unkown in Airtran's mgt hands.

Just my .02c

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back